General

Anime thread

I've only recently started to take real notice of anime. The stuff I've seen is probably the really obvious stuff that everyone else has become bored of (the various iterations of Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Elfenlied, some of Miyazaki's stuff) but they've peaked my interest. Is there anything you guys would recommend?
11 years

Anime thread

FireBry25 wrote:
I've been watching a lot more anime recently, so I thought an Anime thread on here might be a good idea(notice how I said MIGHT)

Just a thread to discuss what your watching right now, what your favorite Anime is, to recommend or warn people about some anime you know about, and all that good stuff.

Right now, I'm watching InuYasha from the start now that the Final Act is out and done. I'm also watching Ah! My Goddess, mostly because of Belldandy though, I'll admit to that.

I've Been thinking about getting back into Bleach too, but I've heard so many things about it right now, like how Ichigo lost his powers and he's replicating them or something with his badge...anyone care to explain that please?

For the Bleach thing, I have all the episodes, all 366 burned onto like 20 dvd's. Ichigo lost his powers because he forced Zangetsu to teach him the third level of his Bankai to finally defeat Aizen. He also lost the ability to perceive Hollows and Rukia and other Shinigamis because he lost his reiatsu after he learned the third Bankai level. If you're still watching Bleach then don't read this post, cuz I'll tell you how the anime ends. The manga is still going on Bleachverse though.
11 years

Anime thread

Anime44 has Inyasha: The Final Act subbed!! I started watching it too.
11 years

Anime thread

Right now I am watching Rahxephon, one of Studio Bones' first series. If you haven't watched it the animation still holds up pretty ok to todays standards. However the story will draw comparisons to Evangelion. Btw I love Eva but I figure I would just be honest. As for a current favorite I have to say people need to see Steins;Gate. The first half is decent but the second half is by and far one of the best I have ever seen in an anime. The animation is pretty stellar so yeah definitely go and watch it.
10 years

Anime thread

Currently on:

-Yahari Ore No Seishun
-Hataraku Maou Sama
-Oreimo season 2
-Hentai Ouji To Warawanai Neko
-Photokano
-Suisei No Gargantia

You should watch Tatami Galaxy:
10 years

Anime thread

in my opinion one of the best anime is HunterXhunter.It has everything: good story, nice characters and a lot of violence(i think is one of the most violent anime ever.) I suggest also full metal alchemist brotherhood smiley
10 years

Anime thread

idk wrote:ikoku meiro no croisee

That was a fantastic anime. The OP was so relaxing~ I could watch a second season if they produced one.
10 years

Anime thread

my favs are mostly Bandai ones like Sailor Moon
Mobile suit gundam and MSG Zeta and double z

I also love funamation DBZ and Dragon ball and black butler and I love Hellsing
9 years

Anime thread

Not necessarily my fav's but some that I don't think where mentioned above that are well worth watching.

-Escaflowne
-Desert Punk
-Claymore
-Paranoia agent
-Patlabor
-Origin: Spirits of the past
-Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne

If I where to recommend only two I'd say go for Escaflown and Patlabor, two absolute anime classic's.
9 years