Gaining

Fat by virus

I recognize that a previous thread about this from awhile back was closed, so I'll start by disclaiming that nobody should be putting untested viruses into their bodies to get fat. This topic is just for fun and speculation.

So, obesity has been linked - it seems causally - to two viruses, the human AD-36 and also an avian virus that is communicable to humans. Both seem to be associated with higher obesity - a trait that many of us like - and lower cholesterol triglycerides, and diabetes. AKA, greater health, and greater girth at the same time.

Jury's still out on everything else.

So, questions:
1) Does anyone have further information on this they can contribute - research journals, self-administered research (for those of you with home bio-labs), etc
2) Would you ever purposefully infect yourself with a virus that could cause weight gain?

For me, if I could make sure that weight gain was the only likely "bad" cause, and ensure that the weight gain wouldn't be too severe, I think I'd absolutely take it, as significant weight gain (20+ lbs) in my case is only possible through unhealthy habits.
11 years

Fat by virus

I feel like I'd definitely take it. Though more-so for the health benefits than the added pudge. (Though I definitely wouldn't say no to about 30 more easy pounds of chub.)

I think though that these viruses won't have much of an effect on an adult. These are most likely a greater factor in infants or very young children.
11 years

Fat by virus

Yeah. Fetish aside, I find it really fascinating that so many people responded to this discovery of a health-improving virus that also caused weight gain with requests for a vaccination - as if being fatter were worse than diabetes and all the other facets of metabolic syndrome.

Regardless, I can't imagine that it's too difficult to get ahold of AD-36, provided you know where to get it from.
11 years

Fat by virus

True...if I had easy access to it I'd probably use it. I think I heard you have maybe three days of flu-like symptoms before it abates or something like that. Small price to pay in my opinion.
11 years