General

If you won the lottery...?

Settle my debts. Buy copious amounts of food for feedist friends of mine. Road trip until I can't anymore. Live primarily off the interest if I can, and donate to charities and causes that actually help people.
10 years

I'd start by paying off my student loan debt. Then I'd go back to ODU and get my Master's and Ph.D in one go (another four year trek but whatever). Then, after I'd done that I'd come back to my home town *at least for a while* and buy the gas stations, and the comic book stores. I'd probably also buy some comic book stores in Norfolk and other large cities.

I'd probably also pay for my friend to finish his Business degree to at least a Master's and let him take charge of the comic book stores.

I'd buy lots of stock in Goodyear and a few other companies. Put a lot of money in high yield DOMESTIC accounts *no tax evasion for this guy*. If I had enough money I'd probably donate some to the biology departments of ODU, Averett and a couple of other Universities.

After all of that, I'd travel. First America, I feel like I should visit all the states before I start to travel abroad. But of course I'd also want to visit all the countries of Europe.

In my US and European travels I'd want to meet as many fellow FFer's as possible.
10 years

Apart from the obvious of helping family out and giving to charities close to my heart. The first thing I would do is buy a decent house, it's not pleasant living in a trailer for as long as I have.

After that I would travel the world, to all the places of great historical and geographical interest (I probably should have been an explorer). I would also make sure I went to all the big sporting occasions I want to see, particularly "The Tour De France". Get a season ticket for Chelsea (believe me you need a lot of money for one of those). Own several racehorses (mainly jumps as that is my biggest interest). Enter the WSOP main event each year and as many EPT's as possible. Also get all the music that I have ever wanted, be it vinyl, CD, or download (I do have a big collection, but it could always be bigger).

One other thing I would do is walk the complete coastal route of Britain. Also Wainwrights walks and climb to each of Britain's main mountains. I'm no mountaineer, but I can hike for miles and visiting Scarfell Pike, Snowden and Ben Nevis is about as much as I could physically manage. This is also something from my bucket list that I could manage right now, but never seem to get the time, haven't had a proper holiday in years and even when I did it was often a family thing. I feel my son could well be interesting in doing this with me so I may do these some time in the near future. People love critising Britain, but personally I love this country, particularly when you get out into the countryside and really take it all in.

My biggest problem is that I enjoy too many things and even if I had a limitless amount of money, do I have enough time for everthing I want to do.
10 years

I would buy a home and hire a committed feeder or two to make me extremely fat, most likely fully immobile
9 years

Great thing about Canada is that lottery winnings are tax-free since they don't count it as income, so if I win 50 million I KEEP 50 million. Of course clearing debts is first and foremost then well my family would probably "go off the grid" to keep every Tom, Dick, and Harry "cousins" from coming up to me for hand-outs. Of course one-quarter or maybe half would be signed over to my parents.
9 years

Honest answer; set up my close family for life. Then disappear to my own private house in the middle of nowhere with a pool and peace and quiet, probably abroad where it's warm.
8 years