General

Name the best place to live

LetHerEatCake1 wrote:
Texas! The food there is almost enough to make up for the heat..but as long as you are a fatty with a pool and great A.C it's a dream come true!

Have you ever been?
10 years

LetHerEatCake1 wrote:
knots wrote:
LetHerEatCake1 wrote:
Texas! The food there is almost enough to make up for the heat..but as long as you are a fatty with a pool and great A.C it's a dream come true!

Have you ever been?

Yes! I lived in Houston for 6 months. I can't wait to go visit friends...but mostly my favorite restaurants :X

Becks Prime. Om nom nom.
10 years

Chicago has been great from the people who I've talked to about this. Great food, great food and great food. Plus it's the Midwest - so everyone is super friendly.
10 years

Hersheysgirl92 wrote:
fatladylover wrote:
South East England / Greater London area is the world beater....so many lovely people crammed together, so many fascinating places to go to, so many interesting things to do.

As somebody famous once said:

"The man who is tired of London is tired of life"

I think that was Oscar Wilde smiley

And the only answer for me is Yorkshire. Through and through!!

Oh, I'll chorus the southern/Greater London love.

All the quietness of being out of the city, yet all the civilisation of being in it. Plus only a short journey to get into central, so there's all the wonders of that.

Plus England - so we seem to be getting the marvel movies a week earlier smiley
10 years

NYC is the place to be may not be cheap as far as most rents go but there is just so much to do here. I wish NYC prices could compete with some other great cities though that's the cost of living the life in the center of the world though. At least if you are smart and know where to go you can get by and have fun for cheap or even free so that's the advantage of a city like NYC. Very walkable and easy to get around means you can save on not needing a car. I love NYC I would never want to completely leave but I would love travel and explore some other cities more with some friends or a special someone. There are some joints with eating challenges but I think NYC has the distinction of having the most famous eating challenge of all that being the Nathan's Hotdog eating comtest on July 4th so that should be a challenging undertaking for any feedee!! smiley
10 years

Gainesville. lol
10 years