General

Any goths around here?

Used to be. Insofar as fashion and music were concerned, anyway. Plus a general inclination to hang out in graveyards. There wasn't anything spiritual or political about it.

I think once a goth, always a goth inside - you just get a more sensible, age/job-appropriate haircut...
10 years

Any goths around here?

I thought I did dress relatively conventionally until someone told me the other day that my necklace was pretty and "you look almost feminine for a change" haha. They pointed out I always wear black, my nail varnish is usually some fierce crackle-glaze black-and-steel-grey concoction, my jewellery is mostly silver animal skulls or vicious spikes, and my hair, although styled in a vaguely business-friendly way, is somewhat Gary Numan-esque in its shocking near-blackness. And that's when I'm in work. I'm 43 lol.
10 years

Any goths around here?

Goth is state of mind more so than a fashion statement. I fell in love with the Goth since as soon as I first discovered it back in 1979. I would like to add that the Goth scene has evolved tremendously since then. Now there are many subcultures within the Gothic lifestyle and also a part of the Gothic lifestyle but many outsiders like lump all into the "oh, look a Goth" category. I know some individuals who dress in black, have piercings and tattoos but they are not and they do not consider themselves to be Goth. One of them listens to country music and hates any form of metal! As a child, I remember watching The Munsters and The Addams Family on television and falling in love with the beautiful and dark look of "Lilly", Yvonne De Carlo and "Morticia", Carolyn Jones. By today's standards those two actresses would be considered Goth because they were dressed in stripped down Victorian quasi style.

I have a very strong attraction to pale skin women and love to see them dressed in very elegant Victorian, Elizabethan and Gothic clothing. I am referring to gowns and elegant corseted dresses with long gloves. I have hosted dinner parties at my house with a formal dress up theme. It creates a wonderful atmosphere. I actually own a Gothic/Victorian style tuxedo and a cloak! Most people who meet me are shocked because they have a preconceived notion of what a Goth is and many are shocked that I am a Goth because I have no tattoos or piercings. In some people's eyes that is a necessity for Goths but in reality there are not only different Goth styles there are varying degrees of Gothness.

Black seems to be the color of choice for, Emos, Goths, Metalheads ect. But that in itself does not make one Goth. In ladies apparel, Gothic clothing can be very colorful and range from simple and plain to very elegant and ornate especially the gowns and dresses of Victorian origin. The fusion of Gothic and Victorian style is incredibly beautiful in my eyes.

In Tampa we have a night club named, "The Castle". Incredible place, you walk in there and you will see it all! Steampunk, punk, metalheads, Lolita, vampy, neogoth, retrogoth, Goth, and who knows you might even see a cowboy/girl as well! Who would ever guess that in Tampa, Florida we would have such a place?

Again, Goth is a state of mind and a way of being.
10 years

Any goths around here?

Crestfallen wrote:
Not goth just a metalhead. I've got about 12 piercings left now.
Some days I wear mostly black with band t shirts cos I'm grim. Ha

You're not grim, you are who you want to be. You have to be comfortable in your own skin and the coverings (clothing) put over your skin. Rock on you beautiful Metalhead!
10 years

Any goths around here?

Gingersnaps wrote:
Whats a CD? Is it like one of those wax cylinders that they have now?

I may be mistaken, but I believe it's an old.. old wooden ship from the Civil War era.
10 years

Any goths around here?

ZombiePie wrote:
Oh boy, if this was me writing this like 10 year ago I would be going crazy telling you how gothic I am. Well was. But now I am more of an occasional goth, dressing up only when I am in the mood, or going to a RHPS Live Show, or something like that. I tend to go more towards the Boho style or whatever is in my closet that I like. But there it still a little black flame of the gothic style that burns inside of me. It comes out when I am decorating my home.

Haha, "little black flame" - completely! My flat is mainly about taxidermy birds and candles/candelabras right now.
10 years

Any goths around here?

I am nothing but me.

I prefer to be considered a rocker, but I don't bother spending money on special clothes from Spencers or Hot Topic. I don't have spikes in my coat. I don't have a mohawk.

While in my heart I'm a rocker, I'm more just me. I wear what I like, I act how I want people to act with me.

Though I did the goth thing in High School. The clothes, lots of Marylin Manson etc... and after 6 months I was onto the next thing because it wasn't really me. Trying to fit in, you end up wearing a lot of hats, and you won't truly be happy until you can take off all the hats and be you.

Yeah, sorry for the Dr. Phil episode lol
But I don't care if what I'm wearing doesn't fit in with a certain group. I don't care if a certain group wouldn't do something that I like doing....

I'm just Bill.
10 years

Any goths around here?

I'm a Goth. I consider myself an old school Goth because it's a matter of style and attitude for me rather than tattoos and hardware.
10 years

Any goths around here?

Can't say that I ever thought of myself as Goth. However, I do enjoy bands that were described as Goth. Went to Rebellion this year and saw both UK Decay and Skeletal Family, they were both amazing. In my opinion in the top three bands I saw at the festival.
9 years

Any goths around here?

*waves* yup Goth over here.

I tend to dress down a bit these days unless more biker than goth these days unless im going somewhere special
9 years
12   loading