Extreme obesity

Scenes from 'city island'

Every so often I'm reminded that this film exists, I really must see it at some point even though this bit is only a subplot to the overall motif, looks like it handles it fairly well (in a 'it's just their thing' kind of way).
10 years

diggers1917 wrote:
looks like it handles it fairly well (in a 'it's just their thing' kind of way).

Yes. It's a little off on a few details, but it's better than nothing!
10 years

i own it, and its actually a pretty great movie,the feedee/feeder aspect just adds to it for me
10 years

TheHungryMan wrote:
i own it, and its actually a pretty great movie,the feedee/feeder aspect just adds to it for me

Own it also and completely agree with this
10 years

And now I have to watch this movie.
10 years

I loveeee this movie and its the ONLY positive representation of feederism that ive ever seen in the media

plus ezra miller is such a hot little feeder yeaa come feed me donuts bby
10 years

Interestingly, the "message" of the movie is that we shouldn't have secrets.

Of course, most feeders and feedees do.
10 years

Heh, de-lurking is an official word around these parts.
9 years

As of this morning, I've finally seen this film and...I liked it smiley It's kind and gentle*, and while it's not the most brilliant film I've ever seen (it's not trying to be) it probably deserves more exposure and recognition than it has. Certainly one to watch again every so often.

And I (predictably) enjoyed the feedism subplot; yes, the film laughs a little at the feeder character, but not because he's 'weird', it's because he's a bit of a clueless teenage boy (like most teenage boys are). That, and the two women he falls for are portrayed very sympathetically, the feedee/foodee aspect of Carrie Baker Reynolds' character being portrayed as a 'zest for life' kinda thing. So yeah, quite a good way to start a slow Sunday smiley

*which is surprising given the nature of some of the subplots.
9 years