General

The shy people?

Come out and play! We won't bite...
10 years

The shy people?

definitely a shy person, I still cant interact with new people very well (as in to shy to introduce myself/start convo's)
10 years

The shy people?

I have left my hole to answer to this thread. Make the light go away.
10 years

The shy people?

I don't think I'm shy, more like reserved. So I'm not quite sure if that qualifies as introverted. I know I used to be in the past and I still kind of am.
10 years

The shy people?

I am incapable of initiating conversation, even with people that I have known for years, it sucks cause it makes people think you're stuck up or something and not interested in hanging out while I'm secretly begging for someone to save me from my own loneliness.

Even if someone makes the first move I still struggle to reciprocate, I just have so much inner fear about screwing the whole thing up.
10 years

The shy people?

Maximum wrote:
I am incapable of initiating conversation, even with people that I have known for years, it sucks cause it makes people think you're stuck up or something and not interested in hanging out while I'm secretly begging for someone to save me from my own loneliness.

Even if someone makes the first move I still struggle to reciprocate, I just have so much inner fear about screwing the whole thing up.

I can totally relate to this,having suffered with 'foot in mouth' syndrome most of my life
Only in the last five months have I found a lovely BBW who both understands and tolerates my faults,after a long catalog of self inflicted failures.
Please don't give up trying.
10 years

The shy people?

Life long member here - though alcohol helps
10 years

The shy people?

I'm a bit of an introvert and I do feel like they tend to go hand in hand, but I know that's not always the case. I've always been a bit shy, but not awkwardly so. Generally I can handle myself well enough in social situations, I'm pretty adaptable. I'm always inside my head though, constantly making my checks in hopes that I'm appearing "normal". I've definitely gotten better about it as the years have gone by. I've just always had some self-esteem/confidence issues. Nothing wrong with being a little shy. You just have to live and realize that life goes on, regardless of what happens. It also helps to realize that most people feel the same way you do inside their own heads. Everyone is faking it for the most part and everyone has insecurities. It's so much better to just live now than end up with regrets, but I know that's easier said than done.
10 years

The shy people?

The Briggs-Myers personality profile says I'm an introvert, and I agree 100%. I'm pretty shy in most situations. Even online I don't socialize as much as I should or could.

(Took me 3 or 4 days to post in this thread)
10 years

The shy people?

I'm a naturally outgoing person when I warm up. I come across as shy on the site though as I feel the site is Kliq like.

Maybe not Kliq like, but when you try to join in a convo and get ignored 80% of the time, you just sit back and quietly think about what you would add to the topic at hand.

Anyways... if I go out I tend to not bother anyone until I get a feel for how to "play the room" so to speak, then I'm always chatting up, making friends. Took a number of years to learn how to be myself and put myself out there. Here's to everyone hopefully learning it! smiley
10 years
12   loading