General

Government: "fat bad"

Anti-Obesity propaganda and initiatives seem to be everywhere these days. I'd be really interested to know of any that you may have noticed in your area. Do they infuriate you? Or can you see the method in the madness?

In the UK the initiative of treating obesity like the smoking threat has been proposed. Removing ads for food/drinks high in sugar from all media, removing snacks/drinks high in sugar or fat away from high impulse buying areas in shops and introducing health warnings to packaging of such items. I find this kind of infuriating as it implies that people aren't aware of what they're eating and as educating them has failed, removing the temptations is the only option.

What else is going on out there?
10 years

TheMarshmallow wrote:
Obesity itself is unhealthy, sad to say.

www.medpagetoday.com/Endocrinology/Diabetes/10692

I'm all for anyone being and doing what they want as long as it doesn't affect others, and people should know that being obese is unhealthy as well.

I like being fat as well, don't get me wrong, or else I wouldn't be trying to gain weight,

All that study indicates is that fat tissue from the thigh may somehow be related to insulin resistance. You should read past the headline.

Granted, it's already been explained to you- here and elsewhere- why you're wrong in this, and you still cling to the same bylines, so I'm pretty convinced at this point that you're so set in your ignorance that there's no chance in you changing your mind at all.

ETA: And because you didn't read it last time (and yet still commented on it here) I'll just repost this article for you- one based on far more recent information than a 2008 study that you drew pretty extreme conclusions from.
10 years

TheMarshmallow wrote:
a large majority of the people here are incredibly stupid.

Don't project your own failings on others.
10 years