General

Non-"fetish" hobbies?

So, it's a given that everyone lives with a food/fat fetish or lifestyle. It seems to be to topic of most "one on one" chat.

What else do people do? What do you have a passion for that's outside of this realm?

Me? I love to write. Mostly scripts(comedy)and articles for a good friend's website. I do filming with my brother and a great group of local Philly actors. I also do stand up comedy in the area sometimes and dabble in web design

I love to relax on a Saturday night with an adult drink (usually Bacardi and Coke) and geek out with shows like Arrow, Agents Of Shield, Ghost Adventures and Impractical Jokers. I also LOVE the sciene/space shows on H2 and I'm psyched to see Episode 2 of Cosmos!
10 years

Non-"fetish" hobbies?

Mostly reading, internet, and videogames. But I'm currently considering trying out for a local theater troupe. Though that's something for after I have a more stable job.
10 years

Non-"fetish" hobbies?

I have no hobbies outside of my fetishes. Feeding and fattening women until they're the size of minivans is the only way I pass my spare time.
10 years

Non-"fetish" hobbies?

I used to do yoga in the morning. It's something I need to get back into.
10 years

Non-"fetish" hobbies?

I fence, play d&D, magic, computer games (terraria, minecraft, skyrim) play board games like talisman and watch a lot of movies
10 years

Non-"fetish" hobbies?

Reading, upgrading my pc, playing chess, hockey, battletoads, gunpla and Feynman lectures.
10 years

Non-"fetish" hobbies?

I swear there was a post by a lady earlier who said she liked various things including tidying and sorting. I WISH WISH WISH I were like her. Or that she'd come round.

Instead, when I'm not on the sofa drinking tea and watching Scandi crime dramas (accounts for 90% of my spare time), I like sailing Hobie cats, skiing (except it's getting tougher on the thighs/knees these days), ultra-modern jazz, hiking and staring at the sea in remote, windswept places.

Oh and my new year's resolution is to collect and curate a selection of tunes with a flute break. Any suggestions, let me know. It's gotta be an instrumental section rather than all the way through the song. Any genre, the more random the better. This all stems from having to learn the flute at school for years, but to what avail? It's the least cool instrument *ever* and basically no use to man nor beast, SAVE, in my opinion, when utilised in a slightly bonkers schizophrenic interlude. Originally I was looking for jazz flute breaks but then realised that most flute breaks are just random noodling that I'd struggle to describe as actual jazz...
10 years

Non-"fetish" hobbies?

foxglove wrote:

Oh and my new year's resolution is to collect and curate a selection of tunes with a flute break. Any suggestions, let me know. It's gotta be an instrumental section rather than all the way through the song. Any genre, the more random the better. This all stems from having to learn the flute at school for years, but to what avail? It's the least cool instrument *ever* and basically no use to man nor beast, SAVE, in my opinion, when utilised in a slightly bonkers schizophrenic interlude. Originally I was looking for jazz flute breaks but then realised that most flute breaks are just random noodling that I'd struggle to describe as actual jazz...

I really doubt this is you're looking for!, but there's quite a lot of trad music that relies on flute. Here's a good eg in opening bars
10 years

Non-"fetish" hobbies?

gainerfan1 wrote:
foxglove wrote:

I really doubt this is you're looking for!, but there's quite a lot of trad music that relies on flute. Here's a good eg in opening bars

That's awesome! Thank you! I'm looking for examples from as diverse a range of musical genres as possible, so it's definitely what I'm after! I'd not ventured into this type of thing yet, so yay smiley
10 years

Non-"fetish" hobbies?

Photography and playing the guitar.
10 years
12   loading