Gaining

Gain speed vs fat distribution

I was curious about what you guys have noticed in how fast a girl gains and where the fat is distributed. There is some bro-science floating around that a slow gain seems to be more evenly distributed throughout the body while gaining weight fast causes a large belly but small arms/legs, as seen in quite a few stuffers. Does anyone have any other evidence of this? genetics probably plays a big role, but what do you think would happen if two, 120 lb twins gained 60 lbs, one over 3 months and one over a year? Would they look the same in the end?
10 years

Great question! I've wondered this myself, and am currently trying to do a slow-burn gain after a big rapid one. I'll let you know if I see a difference smiley

My guess, however, is that by the end of that year they'd look the same. My body shape changes while I'm gaining- bigger, puffier belly, for sure- but as the weight settles on me during the few months after, it winds up going to all the usual places- thighs, bum, then belly, and general additions everywhere else.

I think the culprit if a couple things. 1- bingeing causes bloating, 2- bingeing causes the stomach and muscles to expand, but they bounce back over time. And 3- skin takes time to stretch and accommodate new fat. The biggest thing I've noticed is how firm my fleshy bits feel when I'm gaining, and how soft and jiggly I feel once I'm maintaining or losing. That says skin elasticity is a factor, too.
9 years

bangs15 wrote:
I was curious about what you guys have noticed in how fast a girl gains and where the fat is distributed. There is some bro-science floating around that a slow gain seems to be more evenly distributed throughout the body while gaining weight fast causes a large belly but small arms/legs, as seen in quite a few stuffers. Does anyone have any other evidence of this? genetics probably plays a big role, but what do you think would happen if two, 120 lb twins gained 60 lbs, one over 3 months and one over a year? Would they look the same in the end?

Interesting! I think that also the amount of weight gained as well as how many times these Lbs. have been gained or lost has a lot to do with where the Lbs. develop.

For example the first 10-20 Lbs. on a new gain or first time at that weight will most certainly go to the belly, thighs and butt on a woman. Many Lbs. after.... say the 60 Lbs. you mentioned probably will go all over filling out many place albeit some more prominent.

Also, I have noticed when my wife first gained weight before she lost it her belly got really big at first making her look almost 9 months pregnant and as she has gained and lost the same Lbs. her belly and love handles have gotten wider and softer and she can kind of hide her fatter softer belly but it certainly has more Fat accumulated. She doesn't look like she is 9 months pregnant with the same weight gained.
9 years

I believe that the fast gaining twin would have a larger belly. Given the difference in gaining speed. I think the weight of a very fast gain goes more to the belly.
But if Rascl gains the same amount again but slowly it will be very interesting to compare. Her initial gain was one of the fastest I have ever seen.
9 years

Ni Ki wrote:
My take on this and experience goes towards generics. I've known females that gain slowly but have a huge belly, skinny arms and legs. Myself I have gained 35kgs over 4 months, which is quite fast. Most of my weight went to my tummy and boobs, then later to my bottom, legs and arms. I think it has mainly to do with generics and what you eat. One month I concentrated eating and drinking lots of milk, cream, ice cream, and oats. In that month my boobs ballooned and gained so much weight.
But who knows. I think it's different for everyone.

Note: to all the ladies out there.....Milk, ice cream & Oates consumed = HUGE BREASTS!

Interesting stuff!
9 years

In answer to the original question about two twins. The one who gained 60lbs in 3 months would gain in the belly at first, but after one year I doubt there would be much difference.

What I have noticed is that as you get older you gain more in the belly. Something else I have noticed not only here, but also a few girls that I have met, initial gains can go to every area, or in particular hourglass if the genetics are right. Yet when they lose weight and then gain it back it tends to go more on the belly, this seems more the case with yoyo dieters, although genetics really is the most important factor as to where weight goes.
9 years

Jazzman wrote:
I believe that the fast gaining twin would have a larger belly. Given the difference in gaining speed. I think the weight of a very fast gain goes more to the belly.
But if Rascl gains the same amount again but slowly it will be very interesting to compare. Her initial gain was one of the fastest I have ever seen.

I'm flattered you remembered me!
9 years

LilRascl wrote:
Jazzman wrote:

I'm flattered you remembered me!

Of course I remember YOU. Your gain was absolutely Thrilling. Plus I won the guess your weight contest. smiley
9 years

plumpkate wrote:
Speaking from my own experience, I put on 18 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years of last year. Other than softening my cheeks a bit, it almost exclusively went to giving me a bulging, pregnant-looking stomach. My waist increased by five inches and none of my pants would zip.

In the following nine months, I've gained 40 more pounds. While my belly is still my fattest area, I've seem my thighs get fleshier, chest grow, etc. But I've never seen a burst of fat like the weight that blew up my tummy in just a matter of weeks. I wonder if a few
weeks of belly-stuffing would duplicate it.

You could start right now or keep the steady gain until Thanksgiving and do it the exact same as last year. It would be a very interesting study.
9 years