Gaining

Surprising weight gain

I can't seem to find the thread now but I know there is one related to this but just wanted to get my thoughts down.

It finally made some sense to me earlier today..... I saw a woman I have not seen in 3 years. While walking past me in a store she said Hi and stopped me as if she knew me and then proceeded to tell me how she knew me. I finally said oh ya........I was a little embarrassed at first that I didn't recognize her for what seemed like a minute or longer .... but her once 3 years ago 5' 6" frame weighing around 140 Lbs. and very cute was now around 330 + Lbs. I would estimate....still extremely cute with a heck of a lot of curves and Fat.....Wow the curves she developed.

All I could think about while we were talking was "I wonder how she gained so much weight"? Was it just eating, fad dieting before, was she once this heavy before I knew her and gained it back and more, or was her husband a feeder and he grew his wife into a Beautiful BBW. All these thoughts were going through my mind.

So relating this back to another thread of weight gain and how friends etc. who have not seen you with the gain react. She probably didn't remember the exact time she gained the weight based on the last time I have seen her. Many of her other friends and people in her life have already seen her being more than double in size than she used to be. It was not only a shock for me but I truly didn't recognize her for at least a minute while we were talking and she was explaining our meeting many times these three years ago. She probably thought after we she left that I had surely not seen her since her weight gain. So, I guess everyone is different but it is hard to keep track who as seen you and when since a big weight gain....so it is hard for the person who gained to identify the differences between people with their gain.....unless it is something like a High School reunion where everyone there has not seen you since the gain.
expanding a littl....
she probably couldn't remember when the last time I saw her exactly was and exactly how big she was at that time because she may have thought like many people she runs into she had already gained the majority of the weight and they were used to it. But actually i have not seen her since I would say extra 150 Lbs. so she looked totally different to me.

I thought she looked really beautiful and I really wanted to let her know but I am sure it would have come off weird. The FA in me wanted to say to her "you have gained some weight and curves and it look's really Beautiful on you" because I am sure she has not had many positive comments about her big weight gain......but society warps things so bad she probably would feel bad about it even if I really meant it......just bringing up anything relating to her weight.

Truthfully I thought she was very classy and Beautiful and 10 times sexier than she was.....but obviously 99% of any guys or females for that matter would think otherwise.
9 years

Surprising weight gain

All you need to say is "it was so great to catch up--really brightened up my day! hope our paths cross again sometime soon."

That says you enjoyed talking with her, so were not weirded out by her gain.

I.e. you don't have to directly address the physical, just endorse her as a hole person. Although next time you can say "hey, great to see you again. Looking great again, by the way." Or something off hand, but it isn't a situation where your judgement on her looks should really be played up, IMO
9 years

Surprising weight gain

Or you can say, you really look great. Did you change your hair style? Then maybe she will say, no, I gained 200 pounds. Lol
9 years

Surprising weight gain

johnxyz wrote:
Or you can say, you really look great. Did you change your hair style? Then maybe she will say, no, I gained 200 pounds. Lol

A girlfriend of mine along time ago said that right in front of me to one of her ex co-workers that hadnt seen her in a while......."you look different, did you change your hair style"? She said no, I gained 20 Lbs.

I guess that sure can open thing's up!
9 years

Surprising weight gain

Edxl wrote:
All you need to say is "it was so great to catch up--really brightened up my day! hope our paths cross again sometime soon."

That says you enjoyed talking with her, so were not weirded out by her gain.

I.e. you don't have to directly address the physical, just endorse her as a hole person. Although next time you can say "hey, great to see you again. Looking great again, by the way." Or something off hand, but it isn't a situation where your judgement on her looks should really be played up, IMO

This is Great.....I obviously was not that quick to think at the time. I just really wanted to let her know that I appreciated how she looked....especially after I couldn't recognize her for a while.

She was probably thinking how embarrassing it was about how much weight she gained after I didn't recognize her for a while. I guess I just have a real soft spot, not to mention I love weight gain, and truly think most of the time it look's better on the person.
9 years

Surprising weight gain

Edxl definitely has great advice here smiley
9 years