Gaining

Office/desk jobs

I gained about 30 lbs after I took a desk job. It was a slow gain and hard to notice at first. Watch out, a couple pounds here or there sneak up on you over time!
9 years

Office/desk jobs

I actually had a desk job a year ago and with in 2-3 months I had gained 50 pounds. I kept candy and food around me and just ate all day. LOL I didn't realize it until I was fired but my belly got pretty big. I went from 245 to 299 in 3 months. smiley Just keep stuffing yoru face and don't stop eating all day..
9 years

Office/desk jobs

Yeah, definitely the static nature of the job tends to one putting on weight easily. I remember my first job working in a warehouse loading/unloading trucks, and after 6 months I was ripped. Then once I stopped working there and shifted to a desk job, I ended up gaining like 20lbs in under 4 months. Though much of the gain had little to do with my diet, it was just the lack of moving for the most part.
9 years

Office/desk jobs

browniebelly wrote:
Hey guys,
I may be getting a full time year round office/desk job soon. I've often heard of people getting fat after starting a desk job but I'm curious to hear some of your stories. What experiences did you have yourself and or did you know any new/old coworkers who plumped up?

Oh! It's SO easy to get fat in a call center! In a few year's time I ballooned from about 275 to nearly 400 lbs. Not only do you sit on your ass all day but a lot of times management will provide food for celebrations & rewards.
9 years

Office/desk jobs

Definitely true. I went to a desk job a year ago, and have managed to gain 50 lbs so far. (260-310). No one has said anything to me, but people flat out stare when I come back from lunch- probably because my button-down shirts are gaping around my distended gut.
My wife has had a similar experience. In the last 6 months, she has changed from floor nursing (standing for 12 hours) to a desk job. People constantly bring candy and snacks, and reps buy her lunch. She had lost a little weight down to 200 when she took this job, but now she's nearly 240, and I don't see it slowing down. Someone literally asked her yesterday whenshe was due- her belly has gotten so big! The most amazing thing to me is how her ass has grown wider. It was the smallest part or her, but it is catching up fast.
9 years

Office/desk jobs

My first real deskjob had an unlimited lunch buffet for less than a buck a day. Needles to say I gained quite a bit there. Somewhere around 30 pounds that year without even trying. I love my new job, but the access to food is a bit more difficult though.
9 years

Office/desk jobs

I have another phenomenon for you. I'm software developer, but barely holding up to my current 250lbs. Because:
1. local cafeteria gets worse with each change of servicing company - small portions, unimpressive food and prices higher than a cool diner place nearby.
2. Office located in a middle of... "nowhere". Not much good places to eat in vicinity. Need to walk about a mile in one direction to get to McD - I'm too lazy for that smiley
3. No snacks for staff... only coffee. Pretty much enough to keep programmers fueled up.
4. I'm single and don't like to cook much or visit restaurants after work alone... so not much food around at my home either.

And voila! Your "office jobs" tricks don't work on me smiley
9 years

Office/desk jobs

browniebelly wrote:
Got the office job guys....it's also located right by a ton of fast food places

Yay!
9 years

Office/desk jobs

Congrats Brownie!
9 years

Office/desk jobs

browniebelly wrote:
Got the office job guys....it's also located right by a ton of fast food places

Congratulations on your new job. All of my desk jobs have added to my waistline. Gained 40 lbs. at one. 25 lbs. at another and 20 lbs. at my last one. I too have a lot of fast food places near my office and rotate through my 5 favorites every week for lunch. The women in my office also bring in tons of treats every week as well which definitely has contributed to my own fattening. Any many of them have been packing on the pounds as well. I must admit as someone who loves to eat and is turned on by women gaining weight, I love my desk job.
9 years
12   loading