General

Aspergers or autism people.

You get a lot of shit because you're a terrible person.

I have mental health difficulties but you don't catch me sending women anon messages insulting them for being fat just so I can stick up for them.

You can keep claiming you are bullied and get shit because poor you but I honestly don't know if it is yourself or other people you are trying to lie to more.
9 years

Feedrama wrote:
oh yes there is....

ive got a funny feeling they are more common in the fa community then general population.

also thanks for saying so.

Fascinating! I'm another Aspie (diagnosed at 15) and have been an FA pretty much since birth. (Anyone remember Mr Greedy or Six Dinner Sid?) An old friend of mine (who my mother has always thought was a bit Aspie himself, though I don't know for sure) is now in a long-term relationship with a fat girl, so my guess is he's an FA as well. So I do wonder if maybe that's true, and they should add "love of fatties" to poor eye contact and the other possible diagnosis criteria!

Have you met many Aspie FAs then, Feedrama?
9 years

High-functioning Autistic, right here! <raises hand>
9 years

I'd be willing to wager that the connection between membership here on FF and Autism/Asperger's syndrome isn't the fat fetishism, but the online community part. It seems like this website, and others like it, form a sort of safe haven for awkward people who might otherwise have difficulty connecting IRL.
9 years

I've pdd-nos but I didn't get diagnosed until I was 14 and a friend with aspergers told me that I'd probably get checked for it... as we were way to similair (if my englsh here makes sense?)
9 years

There is a fantastic novel about autistic people called The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Its hilarious and informative (I knew little about autism before hand).
9 years

I fall somewhere on the spectrum, most likely aspergers.
9 years