General

Becoming a masterchef

A few years ago I decided I wanted to improve my cooking to chef standards without becoming a chef. I've learned to cook a lot of things in this time including Chinese cooking, Indian cuisine and Italian as well as all the basics like restaurant style pizza, home made kebabs. My primary goal was to save money by not ordering take away for example, A pizza these days costs like £10 from a delivery centre and I can make 5 home made for this price.

Cooking is rather an addictive thing though and the better you become the more you want to learn and now I want to improve enough to go on Masterchef.

I don't eat fish though and I don't like touching it or being around fish either. As such not being able to cook fish dishes means it is probably pointless applying for the program.

Does anyone else have a similar type of phobia with certain foods or am I just weird!
9 years

Becoming a masterchef

Pretty interesting......and inspirational!

I don't love handling fish either....could be a texture thing or just fish smell that gets to me.

I wish I had the time and interest to become a good chef....I could cook my wife so many amazing fattening dishes and watch her grow out of clothes week by week.

Best of luck if you move onto challenges with your cooking endeavors.
9 years

Becoming a masterchef

Celebrity crushes? Mmm mine would be Christina Hendricks, so curvy with plenty up top and a face that has broken a thousand hearts when she laughs out loud and says really, I don't think so! She was on life, bad men and current doing a sheeba cat food advert and I go arghhhh like Homer Simpson everytime I see her.

Why do so many women go weak at the knees when Paul Hollywood's on tv but Elanor I bet your thinking of all the lovely pastries and cakes he would cook you.

I never fancied doing the great British bake off as although I like a bit of baking it's not really my favourite area. I like the gloves idea and a peg for the nose of course but I wonder how loud Greg and John would laugh when they come up and ask what dish I am making for them.
9 years