General

Relationships?

Made friends on this site via email and 1 phone friend but I've never met anyone for a drink or chat. I'd love to be friends with people for real here and also find a girl here for a relationship.

Until FF becomes more of a mix of a dating site and a friendship site I'm not so sure it will happen.
9 years

Relationships?

You do have to put in serious effort to find someone suitable for relationship purposes. And then when you do it's hit and miss, just like any other dating site. There's also those who just want sex and act out their fantasies, as it's primarily a fetish site.

Basically, what I've learned is... you just have to go into it expecting nothing more than sex, if it materialises into something else it's a bonus. No false promises that way.
9 years

Relationships?

SilverRider wrote:
You do have to put in serious effort to find someone suitable for relationship purposes. And then when you do it's hit and miss, just like any other dating site. There's also those who just want sex and act out their fantasies, as it's primarily a fetish site.

Basically, what I've learned is... you just have to go into it expecting nothing more than sex, if it materialises into something else it's a bonus. No false promises that way.

This is good advice and I completely agree. So so many people seem to forget this is primarily a sexual fetish site. It's definitely not OK Cupid or POF. What the majority of people will be looking for here is very different to what people on those sites will be looking for.
9 years

Relationships?

Bejewler wrote:
The majority of the time I've been in a relationship while using this site, but during the time I was single I found that the men would be sweet at first, and then all about the fetish. To the point where any message sent to me was always fetish related. There was no "real life" conversation. It's beyond frustrating.

Yes I agree this to be true and it is a shame that people are like that but on dating sites the guys have ruined that by only wanting sexual conversations or sex when they meet a women on a date.

That makes it hard those who do want friendship or an actual relationship and are genuine people. Although I went on a date from POF and the girl had used her sisters photo and wasn't who I was attracted to, even so I went for a drink and a chat. It was a disturbing experience and I reported her to POF for wasting my time by not being who she said she was.

But on this site you can try and talk about non fat related matters and no one seems interested. No one on here even likes football you boring lot. I think it's important to have other things to talk about, a multi faceted life with layers of varying interests. Nobody is a sexual object and a date should be a date ie a chance to get to know someone better as a person.
9 years

Relationships?

SilverRider wrote:

Quite good advice.

Foodfirst23 wrote:
I find that a lot of the messages I receive, just want photos or sex talk. So often I get - 'can you send me a photo? Have you got photos? Or even, 'go and take some and send them to me'

I can't seem to get beyond that, and I just find it so frustrating. I much prefer to have an actual conversation, instead of that same routine over and over again.

Of course that's fun, at the appropriate time, but not from the offset, how can you possibly get to know someone like that!

It is rather limiting and repetitive, yes. People have to just keep rolling the dice until they strike it lucky with someone, even if it can take forever. All up to Lady Luck.
9 years