General

Drive thru bakery scotland

Exciting news has emerged that a Fife bakery in Scotland has applied for planning permission to build our first drive thru bakery. As far as I know the closest thing to this currently is the Krispy Kreme drive thru in Edinburgh. But unlike Krispy Kreme this branch of Stephens Bakery will be offering the full range of products expected from a bakery.

As expected health campaigners have already condemned the plan as unhealthy and encouraging an overindulgent sedentary lifestyle. But I believe that the success of this proposal will add momentum to whoever triumphs. Either creating presidence for health campaigners to site in order to block other such proposals; or to create basis for more fast food places to reference to build their businesses. I for one envy the food culture of the U.S. in terms of its variety and quality, and would welcome greater choice and ease of attaining food in my own country.

Support food service development and expansion.

www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/hasty-pastries-fife-firm-applies-to-open-drive-thru-bakery-1.560173
9 years

Vampyr Dreams wrote:
I thought it would have been done in the USA first since they love food so much!

But at the same time, the Scottish invented Deep Fried Mars Bars so it shouldn't let it past me.

But overall its actually a creative and brilliant idea smiley

For all I know it could be a common thing in America, maybe an American can let us know, but it'll be a first for the UK if it's approved. I think we also invented deep fried, battered pizza.
9 years

Yeah, we call it a Timmy's in Canada or a Dunkin Donuts in the States. Drive thrus are an intergral part of North American life (not sure about Mexico) but it seems that everyone and their mother has a drive thru something or other.
9 years

I can't imagine that the cakes in a drive through bakery will be the same sort of quality as one can make at home. There's nothing as tasty as a home made cake or pudding.
9 years