General

Men abaondon fat date (dm)

chubbyhoney wrote:

I am not interested in the thing most of the people posting about (lying on your profile) but in the difference at the way society, with specific reference between the genders, treats fat people. That is the more important point made by the video, not the blatantly obvious 'people don't like being lied to' angle, which is boring and tells us nothing new.

OK, when you said you found it 'interesting' I thought you were giving your opinion and feelings on it. What are your feelings on the women not being rude and the men being rude?
9 years

I had a similar experience to these guys last year. I was using pof and I had been chatting to this interesting and quirky girl for about a week. In her profile pictures it was mostly just her face which was pretty. In her self description she labelled herself as 'a few extra pounds' so I was expecting I size 12-14 at best.

Upon seeing her she had an incredibly voluptuous body and must have been around a size 20 (uk sizes). She was also a really sweet girl as well smiley

It did get me thinking when I was there that some guys would have been furious.

I think even if they didnt look like their profile picture I would still stick around for the date. Worst case scenario you make a new friend. After all if you was meeting up in the first place you must have plenty in common.
9 years

flyinghorse wrote:
... In her profile pictures it was mostly just her face which was pretty. In her self description she labelled herself as 'a few extra pounds' so I was expecting I size 12-14 at best.

Well since she said a few extra pounds any FA would have been hoping for more ;-)
9 years

chubbyhoney wrote:
I feel like I wrote 'if you just watch the male version..' millions of times on this thread. Has anyone watched it, or is it just me?

Have placed a link to the male version in the OP for people to browse if they wish.
9 years

marzopolis wrote:
... So once again I am suspicious of any broadcasted media that even brings up fat & thin; suspicious as to where they are taking it and where the final conclusion is. Remember, the public is pre-conditioned to think what it does about obesity.

The whole civilized world is a conditioning process to get us to think in particular ways about things.

Sometimes the process is right in your face as with this TV programme and news paper articles. Sometimes it's more subtle such as doctors telling you that obesity is unhealthy. Obviously if you are carrying around a lot of weight then depending on your health it might be too much strain for you but they have it backwards. If you are unhealthy and fat then it might be your poor health that's made you fat. I think my poor health has made me short sighted. There is a stigma attached to wearing glasses, or used to be but the stigma of being fat is massive (pun intended).

If the media wanted they could probably start calling people "4 eyes" and other insults but they would probably have to work up to it. Start by pointing out all the bad people who wear glasses and link this with some sort of character trait. Then let the public do the rest. They have been there and done that.

I suspect that with this latest round of ham fisted attempts at slandering fat people it's actually reverse psychology. Provoke a public backlash whilst educating people about the existence of feeders and feedees. There was another article in the Daily Mail where a plus sized model talks of her dating experiences and how she got chatted up by weird feeders who though she was not fat enough. Now this will be news to many women. Most on hearing this for the first time will publicly say "eeew, disgusting" but secretly they will be very turned on and go looking.

What is clear by looking at the Internet are all the huge young women who were not even born when I started looking online for SSBBW. They have a very different attitude to fat women of 20 years ago.
9 years

joswitch wrote:
Miss Thunder wrote:
The fat suit they put her in is ridiculous! It's obviously fake, the chins don't even move. I'd run away too!

Yep the fat suits they used are terrible! Am surprised no-one asked "So... why are you wearing a fat suit?" smiley

I expect some did but it would have spoiled their experiment if they had shown those.
9 years

The internet is a way to hide behind the veil of anonymity and get away with it. Because who, besides the government can really find you to make you accountable for your words and/or actions right? Sure you can claim free speech but it's still able to be used against you if certain conditions are met. Courts may be fifteen years behind the rest of the world but that doesn't mean they won't use whatever they can find on you against you. I am honest on my profiles on those dating sites, if a guy just talks to me to get a quick lay then he can go buy it off a street corner or in a sex shop because I won't be a notch on his bedpost.
9 years

I personally would like to see this done the other way meaning pictures of slender men and men wearing fat suits for the date. I bet a million dollars that women are just as if not more shallow.
9 years

godan2056 wrote:
I personally would like to see this done the other way meaning pictures of slender men and men wearing fat suits for the date. I bet a million dollars that women are just as if not more shallow.

Funny enough, they did that in the video, and women were more willing to at least sit with the guy and be polite rather than insulting and leaving him, which is exactly what several of the guys did to the woman.
9 years

Murphy wrote:
godan2056 wrote:

Funny enough, they did that in the video, and women were more willing to at least sit with the guy and be polite rather than insulting and leaving him, which is exactly what several of the guys did to the woman.

I do want to note that this is still a shitty, inaccurate, click-bait article that's hardly worth anything; but if you're going to take it at face value like that, you should probably take note of the fact that they did exactly what you described and the result was the exact opposite of what you expected.

I'll take that million bucks via Paypal, thanks.
9 years
123   loading