General

When did you realise....

I think most fetish and preferences are formed during the pre-pubescent stage. Most of the time it starts out as fear or fixation before developing to a realised sexual experience at puberty.

The first time I was turned on was looking at a plus size clothing magazine. I hated that I liked bigger women as I've always been athletic and it made sense for me to like athletic girls, only I didnt.

Over the years I always noticed I fancied the girls nobody else liked. I also remember a teacher gaining a ton of weight over a few years. She started out 'hot' and a few of my friends fancied her. Them she put on a few and everyone thought she was pregnant. Then over the next few months my friend realised she was just getting fat and they were laughing about it. All the while I was in ecstasy, rejoicing in her growing majesty.

It took a long while for me to accept I liked bigger women and even longer to admit it to people I know. Yet, who really does feel comfortable talking about their unconventional likes during adolescence?
9 years

When did you realise....

Steevie wrote:
So piggybacking on Danny's question, I have a follow up question:

Are you guys genuinely attracted to chubbier girls and find them more physically attractive? Or is it purely a sex/fetish thing?

Yes, I am genuinely more attracted to them. I like the rounder face, boobs, belly, butt,... And I like the softness. It is not purely sexual because women who are just chubby also get my attention while sexually I prefer bigger women. When I see a skinny/normal woman, I really do not find anything attractive about her, except if she has a cute, rounder face.

To come back to the OP's initial question: I did not "find out", I grew up with it. Of course, when I first got internet, it was one of the first things I looked up, and that's when I found out that there was a name for it.
9 years

When did you realise....

The internet is a wonderful tool for finding out things anonymously that you can't find offline. I started out with fat fascination at about age 9 or 10 I did the clothes stuffing the stuffing of my Barbies, even writing about it in what could pass for writing coming from a kid. I held back a lot in high school, I saw the fat guys around but never went near them or even talked to them. I wanted to but I was still in the mindset that liking fat guys was evil and wrong and would make me even more of a freak than I already was in high school.

It was the same thing with Asian guys, I would not go near them or talk to them even though I wanted to. That had nothing to do with fat, more along the lines of Asian guys only "sticking to their own race" and would never be interested in some not bean pole thin, and blond haired White chick. I wasn't thin in high school but neither was I fat, I was in the range of not single digit sized clothing but needing size 16 or 17 clothes. Of course that made me feel guilty like I was doing something wrong because I didn't fit into single digit sized clothing.

I found Dims when I was doing a search for mental disorders for liking fat, because I thought I had something wrong with my head for wanting a fat guy instead of the hard bodied and ripped, blond tipped guys that everyone else my age was fawning over. I grew up in the height of the Boy Band era of the late 90's, that was high school for me. I hid my desires well and pretended to think like every other girl that those boy band types were the guys I should be dreaming about being with.

Stayed on Dims for about two or three years before coming here because of the promotional stories and threads I'd read about on the forums. I found this site more open and a lot less clique-y than Dims was. Most of the posts on Dims were on the Pay site board or in the Political forum. So here is where I found more of what I wanted, a smaller site with less "threatening" people. Not that they were on Dims just here feels smaller and more comfortable to me.
9 years