Gaining

Point of no return?

I think a lot of people gain--intentionally or not--with the idea that at some point they'll probably stop, and then lose weight and become an average-sized person.

Does this describe you? If so, do you have any doubts about eventually losing weight?

Or did you used to be that way, and then at some point realize you'd reached the point of no return, and were destined to be fat for life? If so: 1) How big were you at that point? 2) what made you realize you'd reached that point? 3) how did (do) you feel about it? I mean was it upsetting? Freeing? Some combination?
9 years

Point of no return?

I think I'm about there. I'm around 275, and I might push it to 300 someday, but I doubt I'll ever lose again - I like the way I am now. That, and I watched my mother yo-yo diet for my entire life, and that's just not something I want to put myself through.
9 years

Point of no return?

I put on 10-15 pounds recently, and as such kind of want to take a step back and maintain my current weight before gaining anymore.

And yet, I feel the need to have a sizable dessert and "dozens" of ounces of chocolate milk each night before bed.

(By dozens, I mean anywhere from three to six 14 ounce servings - approximately 400 calories each... so probably a days worth of calories on average right before bed.)

If I don't do this, I have trouble sleeping. Some can't sleep on an empty stomach. I can't sleep unless it's on a happily stuffed stomach. So there's a bit of concern that might weight might wind up soaring regardless if I'm trying to or not.
9 years

Point of no return?

Oh, God do I love this thread...
9 years

Point of no return?

Elanor wrote:
I think I might have reached or even surpassed that point. I'm sure I could lose a fair amount of weight, but I'll never be slender again, I've grown so much extra skin. And I'm not even that huge! It's okay though, I'm not interested in looking skinny anyway.

I think you could get slim within 6 months. I used to help people lose weight and you can tell a lot by a persons frame to how they will get on. You look a healthy big and i'm sure it would fall off you.

But why would you want to? You look fantastic chubby!
9 years

Point of no return?

growingxxgirl wrote:
I basically know I'll be fat for life at this point. I lost weight not too long and was not happy, I missed my bigger body so I gained it all back and then some. I never want to be below 220 ever again

I think this is the real point of no return....not wanting to return. At this point I could imagine dropping ten pounds, maybe, but never really getting anything close to thin. It just isn't who I want to be anymore.
9 years

Point of no return?

joe6828 wrote:
Has anyone ever decided to gain a little bit but then ended up just getting huge instead? Ie is it hard to stop?

I've heard of people just gaining a little bit, realizing they liked it and gaining a lot more on purpose.

I've never heard of gaining a little as an experiment, not liking it, and then gaining a large amount uncontrollably.

However, it's probably happened. Some people get huge whatever they do (even if they've never gained an ounce intentionally).
9 years

Point of no return?

Ellebigger wrote:
I'm not sure how big I'll get.. I would have to sustain a lot to keep gaining. I'm sure one day I'll just plateau off. But I actually have always just known I was going to be big. It doesn't bother me really.

Ellebigger, you are one of the sexiest women I've seen! I love your shape and attitude!
9 years

Point of no return?

I went from 160 to 260 and I honestly gave up when I started to get stretch marks on my stomach, screw losing it now I'm stuck with it. Its pretty freeing honestly I enjoy the weight and so does my spouse.
9 years

Point of no return?

I'm not sure if there is a point of no return because you can do whatever you decide to. That being said 200Lbs is a big mark for a lot of women. I remember my wife went up and over and back down below it and her comments at that time with being fat and how she needs to loose weight. Now she is 230-240 and says she was skinny then!! Once a women is comfortable in the 200 lbs mark it can be a slippery slope of a fast gain and not realizing it.
9 years
12   loading