General

Feedist symbol-tinder/pof/okc?

A while ago I remember somebody coming up with symbol for the feedist community.It ended up being based on the Neopolitan icecream,

Now, all arguments about the design aside, think I'm going to put it as a pic on a tinder profile? I suspect recognition, even amongst this community, would be low.
9 years

Yeah,it's a shame as this whole subculture has a reasonable online presence and yet no identifying symbol.

I like your idea of emoticons too georgejorge. Better than nothing anyway!
9 years

I'm a fan of that flag, myself.
9 years

AndLee wrote:
DAMN IT NOW I NEED ICECREAM!

Yeah, that's obviously the secret feeder intention smiley

For those that don't know it, it just looks like a cool sign, or some ambiguous cause. But to us, it has our meaning. The only problem is spreading it wide enough to get it to catch on without it being "Overplayed"

Apparently S&M has it's own symbol and that's a very well recognised fetish and yet your average joe will not recognise it (I hope I haven't made this up!) Then we can defo keep a lid on our ice cream tub flag!
9 years

Well, I'm a big fan of the number 8 (in case my screenname didn't make that abundantly clear, haha) but I think it'd have to be more than just that. That'd be a little ambiguous still.

The flag is cute, but this is the first time I've ever even seen it, so I guess it hasn't really caught on too much yet.
9 years

Elanor wrote:
Looks like a fat person and when you turn it on its side, it's the symbol for infinity. Which in our case would refer to infinite eating. Oh, and "eight" sounds like "ate" as well.

Ha, impressive theme there!

The flag is cute, but this is the first time I've ever even seen it, so I guess it hasn't really caught on too much yet.

Yeah, and I think that's a shame, not necessarily to have the same recognition as say, the rainbow flag, but if at least it was disseminated enough that people who identify with feedism/FA would recognise it

I am all for proliferating this flag. But i think the heart needs to be something different.

(sorry for gender stereotyping) but I think the heart is maybe a bit feminine or something? Like, it'd need to be something quite neutral like Elanor's suggestion of an eight.
9 years

In fact, even just the neopolitan flag alone without a symbol would be fine. (apologies to creator I cannot remember your name on this site?), but the person who came up with original flag design had suggested orientating it in different directions to represent different aspect of the feedist spectrum if you so chose
9 years

gainerfan1 wrote:
(apologies to creator I cannot remember your name on this site?)

It was made by TheCosmopolitan, though he has since left the site I believe. He wrote more about the flag here, and the meanings behind each colour:

cosmopolitan1984.deviantart.com/art/FatFetishFlag-484665667
9 years

Wooo Rock on making it spread metroidnerd!
9 years

Elanor wrote:
How about the number 8? Looks like a fat person and when you turn it on its side, it's the symbol for infinity. Which in our case would refer to infinite eating. Oh, and "eight" sounds like "ate" as well.

Simple and to the point, I agree the number 8 is a fine choice. I even remember when I was young, some elders would describe a fat person as having an 8 figure (if you saw them from the back.)

Plus I hope I'm not the only one who detests Neopolitan ice cream. Seriously, who though that putting those 3 flavors together was a great idea? I think it might be like the 3 original ice cream flavors that existed. smiley
9 years
12   loading