General

Gender ratio of feederism

Are men just more open about sexual preferences online than women

Yes

are men more likely to use specific internet pages to explore their fetishes

Yes

feederism truly mostly a male desire?

I don't know.

Another factor: There are "latent" feedists, who don't even know they have a feedist side. I suspect that more women fall into this category than men, but I really don't know.

And of course this latter group is not represented on the internet at all. You may have to venture out into the real world to find them!
9 years

I don't read any other kink websites but you might be able to answer your question partially by looking to see if it's male-dominated across lots of different fetishes, not just feederism... if so, then maybe it is because men are more likely to use the interwebz for getting their rocks off than women. Feedism might have just the same percentage of women to men as other kinks?
9 years

Maybe it's more of an instinctual thing for men to want bigger women. Gets down to our basic instincts to reproduce and perpetuate our lineage. Bigger women look stronger and are more appealing as mates because they have better potential for producing healthy offspring, as opposed to some bony, skinny bitch who looks like a stiff breeze will blow her away. So correct me if I'm wrong guys but would you want a woman whose hip bones look like jagged triangles to bear your kids or do you want a woman with some curvage and strength to do it? On this site the latter is the obvious choice I'm sure.smiley
9 years

I've definitely read somewhere before (sorry, can't remember to harvard reference), that fetishes are generally more likely to be experienced by men. Something around the ratio of 2 men to one woman. Maybe part of the constant FF complaint that there's no female feeders?
9 years

okapi wrote:
Elanor wrote:
Are women more likely to be shamed for sexually deviant behaviour? Or for displaying behaviour that could be interpreted as sexually forward at all, for that matter.

It's tricky to compare directly. A man openly sharing his sexuality is more likely to be ignored, ridiculed or criticized than to receive any sort of positive comments, which I guess could be a why a lot of us simply don't do it. I'm willing to bet most of the men here come to look, not share.

And yet the posters here, especially those sharing their sexual interests, seem to be overwhelmingly male
9 years