General

Weight vs size

Yep.....this is very tricky. I have looked on a particular site something like body gallery and looked at women of similar height to my wife and their weights and it always seems that my wife weighs much less then she look's like she would.

She look's way curvier and fatter than a woman of same height but she seems to weigh 20-25 Lbs. less most of the time.

I know exactly what your saying only on the flip side.
9 years

Weight vs size

Well muscle is heavier than fat, and much more dense. Also what Kaiju said makes quite a bit of sense, in that while someone may be the same height as you, our frames are different from each other.
9 years

Weight vs size

MandyGal wrote:
I have been talking with people who have similar bellies as mine or guys with what seems to be bigger guts and I come to find out they weigh less than me!
I know height plays a role but it's still not really adding up to me. I am 5'7" and weigh 210...ish. Has anyone else had this happen? I am just astounded at some of the differences in weight. One girl who looks bigger than me, 150. A guy I was talking to, 180! How do I weigh so much more?

Assuming the profiles are correct or what people are telling you is the truth your former softball days could have you full of dense muscle. 1 lb of muscle takes up less space than 1 lb of fat so you could be heavy and not look it compared to others.
9 years

Weight vs size

Fawkesy wrote:
I would say don't go by their profiles alone, a lot of people aren't very truthful with what they put on there but i also know how weight and size can be conflicting, not a lot of people believe i am the weight and dress size i am but it's mainly because of my being 5ft11 and a bit stretched out haha

I totally relate to that; as a tall lady no one believes how much I weight either! The fact that I lift weights might play a part in it, too.
9 years

Weight vs size

Weight/ size/ body composition is different for everyone.
I had someone just the other day think i was 10kg/22lbs less than i am. Im pretty short so the whole look fatter when you're shorter thing doesn't always work.
9 years