Gaining

Plateau frustrations

For me sometimes throttling back on the empty calories and junky stuff, and mixing in some more quantities of healthier stuff.

Also, I didn't drink for the longest time, but I was advised to start drinking beer with my afternoon and evening meals - I really caused my stomach to grow really round because of all the carbs.
9 years

Plateau frustrations

You might try different timing for your meals. There was a post on here about a guy I think who was gaining. He skipped breakfast, ate a light lunch, but gorged the evening away and went to bed full. Just a thought.
9 years

Plateau frustrations

I run into the same problem myself. There comes a point where you just have to eat your way through the plateau. I started working an earlier shift, which meant I stopped eating breakfast because of timing, and the weight piled on. Make up the difference before bedtime. Good luck.
9 years

Plateau frustrations

kaia wrote:
I wonder what causes plateaus. Like why would eating 5-6k a day for an entire week suddenly result in zero gain - where do all those extra calories go? Does the metabolism increase for that week or something? I'm so curious about this sort of thing.

I'm pretty sure you just poop them out. Your digestive system goes hey, I'm busy, I'll pass...and the food scoots right by (with some modification of course).
9 years

Plateau frustrations

I find you have to constantly eat higher amount of calories over a period of time. For me it was a month and then BAM! the weight piled on and keeps going up. Try not to weigh yourself daily and do it every 2 weeks or monthly
9 years