General

Hello! i have some questions

As someone who dealt with disordered eating in my adolescence (when society's views meant more to me than my own) I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that perhaps information isn't a terrible thing to provide someone who's curious enough to ask

CuriousGuest, I'm going to trust that you know yourself and what information you can and cannot handle in a way that is comfortable and healthy for you.

I think the truth is the answers are different for everybody on this site. Some people are numbers people, and the scale is part of the enjoyment of gaining weight. I rarely hear people mention it in a negative way. Others are all about the look and feel of the weight they gain. For me, the scale was a bigger deal the first go 'round, but at this point is inconsequential. I can tell you that I did hit my goal weight, and was happy with that. I got to explore other aspects of my interests than gaining. Then I unintentionally lost some weight. It didn't affect my mood, except for the reassurance I felt when I knew I wanted my weight back. The subsequent decision to go about gaining again felt exciting.

If you have other questions you can always send me a message, if you'd like. If you do find any of this triggering, please be responsible about your wellbeing and use the resources listed above.
9 years

I used to have a eating/body image disorder (undiagnosed), but then discovered the joys of eating and letting go, and mostly stopped caring what others thought. Ive gained 70 lbs since, but only the last 15 or so on purpose. To answer your questions:

1. I havent reached my first goal of 250 lbs yet, but when I do I will see how I feel and think about raising it to 270. I have enjoyed the whole process so far, regardless of goals. And I just enjoy the feeling of fat and outgrowing clothes.

2. Watching the scale is a fun curiosity for me to track my progress. I dont obsess or feel bad if it wasnt what I expected. It was little exciting to hit my new high weight of 240 lbs and I did a little extra eating over the weekend to get there smiley. It doesnt affect how I interact with others. If anything I am a little embarrassed about gaining so much weight.

3. Weight loss wouldnt affect my mood much. I might even be happy because I still have some doubts about gaining intentionally.

I hope that helps. Feel free to msg me for more info.
9 years

I didn't even know such things existed out there, shows how little I pay attention I guess. I looked at the Wiki for the pro ana groups and not sure if I should be saying gross or or not...I am never going to be that way of course.smiley Would it make me hypocritical?
9 years