General

Keeping donuts

As we all know, buying in bulk makes things cheaper so if I buy a dozen donuts it's cheaper than buying one or two donuts every day. But here's the problem. I don't know if I can eat a dozen donuts before they geat to stale to eat. Would keeping them in the fridge keep them from getting as stale as fast? What about keeping them in my car in the winter? Some other idea I didn't think to ask? Any advice anyone has to offer is much appreciated.
9 years

Keeping donuts

I've never had to worry about this myself, my more frequent problem is making the dozen last more than two days. But I'd think that if you get the dozens that come in plastic containers that snap closed (like the Food Lion brand) they'd last longer than ones that come in a paper or cardboard container.
9 years

Keeping donuts

I've had bread and butter pudding sometimes here in Australia so I guess it was passed onto us from the UK a bit as well. I do think that donuts could possibly work in place of the stale bread. Raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg are usually used in it's creation as well.

One recipe for it here: britishfood.about.com/od/recipeindex/r/brdpudd.htm
9 years

Keeping donuts

bread pudding is eaten in many countries not just uk and australia smiley its so yum
9 years

Keeping donuts

Yeah, we have it sometimes in the US as well. It's really good, I haven't had it in ages.

I bet donut pudding would be awesome.
9 years