General

Fakers?

I remember when I was in a chat room a long time ago (before FF) and someone was pretending to be a woman to me, while he was hitting on my platonic female friend. He did not know my friend knew me, and we IMd frequently.
9 years

Fakers?

onlyagirlafraid wrote:
Oh it happens with men too. Claiming to gain but just can't see to get a picture to prove it. No camera, camera broken, waiting on "friend" to help them upload/download images etc...
It's lame. If you want to RP, fine. Just make sure that's how you represent yourself to others.

Nail on the head. I get that for some people this is only going to be fantasy, but I just don't understand why they can't just make that plain on their profile/in conversation etc?
Most fake profiles don't normally engage in "normal" chat, so really frustrating for you OP, I would have been taken in by that too.
9 years

Fakers?

They usually are not too smart and give themselves away. If they weigh 250 pounds more than the Guiness record holder, they are fake. One person told me she weighed 300 pounds but bought a size 9 because she liked them tight. One person said she was so busty that she needed a track in her ceiling to hold them up, and could not go beyond the track. Another person said she was 200 pounds, but so fat she had her doors widened.
9 years

Fakers?

chubbyhoney wrote:....Or some male users get frustrated at the imbalance of male and female users and get the fantasy they want through messaging men and pretending to be female....

In my experience this is the reason for the vast majority of fake profiles on this site. Having been a moderator in the past and on this site as a member for many years I know what to look for now, but here are a few signs that the hot girl that messaged you is probably a guy....

- The 'girl' messaged you first out of the blue. Unless you're a super attractive guy this rarely happens.

- The 'girl' is very slim yet says she's a feedee. Yes everyone has to start somewhere of course, but in my experience genuine feedee's / gainers rarely join this site without already being at least a bit fat.

- The photos look very 'Facebook'. This means they probably are and are in fact stolen, quite often from one of the guys own real life female friends!

- The 'girl' is very loud on the site, i.e. loads of shouts, photos, comments etc. Real girls, especially new members to the site tend to be relatively quiet, but not always, so don't always rely on that one.

- The 'girl' doesn't want to talk about anything other than the fetish. Either they are super horny for you (score!) or more likely they are a guy (probably without his pants on.... haha).

- The 'girl' won't go on a webcam with you even though you've been talking for a long time or has remarkably few photos. Ask them for a random photo, e.g. tell her to hold a tin of baked beans in a picture. That's hard to fake.

- Their weight or size doesn't add up. E.g. they say they weigh 300lbs but wear a size 16 dress. This is a guy who doesn't know women's sizes well. A 300lb woman is never going to be wearing a size 16 dress!

That's most of the main ones covered I think. Also Google image search is your best friend. Use it whenever you are in doubt!

This site is also great for finding all social media profiles from an email address.

your_email@mail.com[/mail]]com.lullar.com/
9 years

Fakers?

I agree about the fake profiles. Its actually one of the more frustrating aspects of this site. It was part of the reason I was on here so long before deciding to jump in and participate fully. I guess I don't mind fake if the person is honest somewhere that its for role playing, etc. At least I have met some nice real people too smiley
9 years

Fakers?

I don't believe I've come across any fakers on here in the last three years I've been signed up but then again I am probably too trusting. Yeah saying a 300 lb woman wears size 16 clothes is obvious trickery, you'd need at least a size 24-28 to be real.
9 years

Fakers?

Chat on AOL last night:

strike 1: She had a male screen name ("my ex's"smiley

strike 2: She didn't know her clothing size.

strike 3: I Googled her pictures and they were from a dating site from a woman in another state.

strike 4: She can gain because she inherited a lot of money (fantasy for sure)
9 years

Fakers?

I don't know. Between the fakes and the people who are here just to make money on their weight gain, it sort of ruins everything. You get into an interesting conversation, then you wonder if they are really who they say they are, or if they are going to ask for money.
9 years