General

Ff2 switch over imminent

A new version of this website has been under development for over 2 years and we've now reached the stage where we should be ready to switch over by the end of this month.

If you've not seen the new website yet a test version is available at: ff2.fantasyfeeder.com.

Whilst I'll do everything I can to ensure the switch over goes smoothly I can't guarantee that nothing will get lost so if you're worried about losing any of your photos, stories etc., please back-up now!.

For those with upgrade packages, please be aware that some of them will be dropped, some will change, and others will be introduced. Overall I think the changes will be a great improvement on what you currently have.

Two features being dropped are my favorites 'notes' and the measurements and statistics parts of the gainer package. If you have anything here that you want to keep please back-up now!.

I hope you're as excited as I am about the switch over. I can't wait for everyone to be enjoying the benefits of the new website, especially since it's been so long in the making. I'll keep you updated with new developments as they happen smiley
9 years

Ff2 switch over imminent

so how do we back up our photos if I cant right click save as?
9 years

Ff2 switch over imminent

pumpui wrote:
so how do we back up our photos if I cant right click save as?

Excellent point! I've temporarily disabled the 'right click' to allow you to backup your pics.
9 years

Ff2 switch over imminent

I'll still come here first though, seems the second site is pretty deserted right now, I can practically see the virtual tumbleweeds.
9 years

Ff2 switch over imminent

Shinobi_Hime-Sama wrote:
I'll still come here first though, seems the second site is pretty deserted right now, I can practically see the virtual tumbleweeds.

Well yeah, the second site is only in a demo/preview version right now, there's no reason for people to hang out there. When the changeover happens this site will be shutdown and all the current data/photos/accounts/etc will be transferred over to the new site.
9 years

Ff2 switch over imminent

ffa_tist wrote:
Had a check of the new site, it seems content on my profile there (pics/stories) basically replicates content from a coupls of months back. Will any more content be transferred over, or is what's up there now it?

You might want to have a look at my post just above yours. smiley
9 years

Ff2 switch over imminent

The switchover will take place in the next couple of days. What you should expect:

* I will take a snapshot of your content (database and uploads) and transfer them to the new website. From this point onwards anything added to this site will not appear on the new site and will be lost. I'll let you know when the snapshot has taken place.

* The domain name (fantasyfeeder.com) will switch over to the new site, so you'll automatically be taken there. It takes a while for this switch over to propagate around the Internet, so for a while (up to a day) some of you will still arrive here, but may find the place a little deserted.

* Not everything on the new site will be perfect. There's bound to be a number of teething problems which I'll try to fix as soon as possible. There may be bugs and usability issues, but I'll sort through these as time progresses.

* Some chat features will not be available. In the initial stages the chat will be completely separate from the website, so you won't be able to use your website login or view avatars or profiles via the chat.

* A few days after the switch over this 'old' website will be turned off and no longer accessible.

Looking forwards to seeing you all on the new website soon smiley
9 years

Ff2 switch over imminent

clive2007 wrote:
Just a small question. This may appear only to be temporary from what you are saying, but if the chat functionality is going to be separate from the main website to begin with and regular logins will not work etc., how will we be able login to the chat instead?

I would guess you would just have to also input your username and password to enter chat - it won't automatically log you in upon entering chat if you're already logged into FF, as is the case now.

A person can currently log into chat without logging into FF first, but they have to use their username and password to do so. So it would be like that I think.
9 years

Ff2 switch over imminent

It'll be even more basic than that. I'll be in guest login mode, so it won't recognise FF usenames at all and you'll have the fun of trying to find out who everyone actually is.

I'll try to get the regular chat back up as soon as I can but it's not been possible to do this prior to the switch over.
9 years

Ff2 switch over imminent

hiccupx wrote:
It'll be even more basic than that. I'll be in guest login mode, so it won't recognise FF usenames at all and you'll have the fun of trying to find out who everyone actually is.

I'll try to get the regular chat back up as soon as I can but it's not been possible to do this prior to the switch over.

Frustrating as that might be, it seems like that's a pretty minor issue in the face of an overhaul that's making the site generally much better.
9 years