General

Interesting measurement (unrelated to weight!) of how fit you are

Just the weight itself or even the BMI are no real indicators of fitness. I know people who are barely 10 pounds overweight and can barely climb the stairs to the 3rd floor, and I know someone who is at least 120 pounds overweight and can walk and run much further without tiring than the average person.

So, how fit are you according tho the "sitting test"?(discovermagazine.com/2013/nov/05-sit-down)

All you have to do is sit down on the floor and stand back up, without using your hands or any other help.

You start with 10 points.

For each of the following you have to use in the process, you deduct one point for each use:
- one hand touches the floor
- one knee touches the floor
- forearm touches the floor
- one hand touches knee or thigh
- side of the leg touches the floor

This would give you a score of zero if you have to use each of the above both for sitting down and standing up.

For each time you lose your balance, deduct additionally half a point.

What is the highest score you can get, and what is your weight/BMI?
9 years

At around 580 pounds, I managed to get up with 6 points still intact. (Hand on floor twice, hand on thigh, knee on floor)
9 years

At around 580 pounds, I managed to get up with 6 points still intact. (Hand on floor twice, hand on thigh, knee on floor)

Impressive! I guess there are a lot of people half your weight who are less fit than you are.
9 years