General

Food info on the uk?

Well I had wondered if I should put this into the story writing section but it seems this gets more traffic. Anyway, if any of you have read my profile, one of the reasons I came here was to get information on how real people live their lives being fat, wanting to be fat, or just why they got there. It is valuable for me to learn so I can write better fat fiction stories and not sound like a total nob.

My story, the Offer of a Lifetime is about to venture to the UK, more specifically, London and I was wondering what kinds of food do those of you who live there use to gain with? I'm Canadian so I could list everything that Americans post about since we have many of the same places up here. But I have no clue about places like England or Scotland, what do you have there to use? It is on my bucket list to visit one day since most of my family is from England, Ireland and Germany and I know next to nothing about those countries.

It would help me write more realistically if I know about what's available over there. Thank you so much for any replies I get.
8 years

Food info on the uk?

London is a city of variety. Gainer wise it is easier to start with what you enjoy. Also what neighbourhood are you looking at living in?
8 years

Food info on the uk?

I don't know those either, is Essex a neighbourhood or a county? Where do you find the rich people in London?
8 years

Food info on the uk?

Essex is a county. The rich neighbour hoods in London itself are Mayfair, Marylebone. Knighsbridge, Chelsea, Belgravia, Kensington, Notting Hill, Hampstead. Many multimillionaires also live on a specific street in Finchley called The Bishop's Avenue or may keep a house in surrey on wither St George's Hill or Wentworth Golf Club.

In terms of general backgrounds they're all mixed but you're unlikely to find media types living in mayfair or on the bishops ave or wentworth. Bankers dont like hampstead due to it being on the wrong tube line.

Food wise though, Londoners have just about every food type available so can fatten up on just about anything from fried chicken to foie gras.
8 years

Food info on the uk?

I think I might use Notting Hill, I am reminded of the movie with the same name over here. Thanks, I'll look into it a bit more before I write though.
8 years

Food info on the uk?

Good foodie choice as there is Portobello market on Saturday with a plethora of different food stalls, Westbourne Grove with a multitude of different eateries from lebanese to mexican, Kensington Park Road which is about 50 yards of practically side by side Italian restaurants and finally Ledbury road, which has the Ledbury on it - currently one of the world's best restaurants.
8 years

Food info on the uk?

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. smiley
8 years