Stuffing

Food limit is lower than your actual capacity

Does anyone else have this issue? I hit a wall around 7 or 8 plates, after that the taste of food is disgusting and each swallow will give me a "puke" feeling.

Yet soon after I can drink 3 or so liters of water with little difficulty. I can tell the difference between having a truly full capacity and just being sick of food because my stomach will be painfully stretched after drinking.

Have any of you came up with techniques to get over this mental block?
8 years

Could be numerous things:

a big issue is enzymes. Your digestive chemical capacity to deal with certain proteins is limited hence if you're reaching a limit you can feel sickly. Liquids (unless protein shakes) will not cause this problem as often.

How long have you been trying to increase your capacity. A gradual approach can improve matters.

There is also a chance of a mild intolerance to something you're eating. Or if you're stuffing with a lot of simple sugars then you're going to be feeling sick come what may after a while.

Feeling sick is usually a sign to stop though.

Keep a food diary of content and quantity and see if you notice any patterns
8 years

Back when I unintentionally started gaining and then when I actually was intentionally gaining right after..... I found this as a pattern.

1. noticed that I had gained weight all of a sudden....probably 2 weeks of eating more calories.

2. Intentionally now I began stuffing and had a bit of a problem eating a lot but was certainly eating easier and more than a month or so ago.

3. Through stuffing I did feel kind of full and sick initially but my motivation was seeing how big and bloated my belly was getting so I forced myself

4. Stuffing became easier and all of a sudden my appetite was really big

5. Fast food (huge amounts) Huge meals from my wife were never enough. I never had a sweet tooth in the past but now I needed deserts and fattening candies and snacks all day long....I actually craved them.

6. When I got to full from eating and felt sick with the huge amounts of food I could eat now.....I realized I could still slurp down (2-3) 20 Oz. fattening milkshakes and not even feel sick. It blew my Gut to an enormous size after these stuffings.

7. After I began feeling totally full from stuffing and eating I began to follow it with 3-4 glasses of milk in the evening before I went to bed. It gave me a lot of fast calories but more than that....it inflated my huge Gut to make me look like I was more than 9 months pregnant. Trying to move around with my Full huge Gut getting in the way of everything was a pretty big turn on. This is when my weight and gut took on a whole new territory.

Lastly when I tried to slow down my eating because I didn't want to gain anymore....It was almost impossible to control my Now huge appetite. i felt so vulnerable and out of control and hungry all the time....I found myself cheating after a smaller lunch and having to go and eat a full box of cookies, candies etc. and I couldn't stop eating. I would tell myself for several weeks while this was going on ....."I will try and slow down my appetite next week." The weeks kept passing by and all I did was consume huge amounts of food and deserts and snacks even though I wasn't even trying to.

After stuffing and then introducing Milk shakes and then Milk after being stuffed really changed my capacity and appetite. I would say after 2 weeks of stuffing a lot my appetite was huge and I didn't really feel sick anymore....other than when my stuffing was completely obnoxious thats when I started implementing the milk shakes and milk. I honestly believe if I wanted to keep gaining during this time I probably could have gained 70-80 Lbs. in less than a year when I conditioned myself to become a glutton.
8 years

There are other milks that have no lactose in them, like soy or almond milk. Even heard of a new one made from cashews, those are fattening nuts.
8 years