General

Fantasy novel fans?

I'm a long time Fantasy fan, although I eventually burned out on the big, save the world, epic Fantasy trilogies and stories. There is nothing wrong with them, I just went through too many of them too fast and got tired of them.

Coincidentally it was book two of the Wheel of Time series that finished me off (again nothing against it, it was more like getting sick of some food that you loved and ate ALL the time).

If you ever feel like something quite different, I'll suggest anything by Patricia McKillip, or Lois McMaster Bujold's Curse of Chalion and sequels.

Happy readingsmiley
8 years

Fantasy novel fans?

I love Fantasy and Sci Fi. That's just about all I read to be honest, that and horror.
8 years

Fantasy novel fans?

I read Sara Douglass and her series. Unfortunately she died in 2011 so there's no more books by her. I do have her final novel Devil's Diadem though that was awesome. Also read Elizabeth Hayden and her Rhapsody series, also another one that hasn't been finished. I have six of seven books in that series and have been anxiously awaiting her seventh. So far, nothing new. smiley
8 years

Fantasy novel fans?

I'm into it. I've read The Lord of the Rings, the Stormlight Archives, and i'm almost done with book 5 of the Wheel of Time.
8 years

Fantasy novel fans?

I'm not much of a fan of modern 'epic fantasy': If a book has the subheading of 'book X of the blahblahblah epic/chronicles/saga I tend to give it a miss.

My tastes tend to run towards more of the pulp-style 'sword & Sorcery': Robert Howard, Fritz Leiber, Jack Vance, etc. The stories are more atmospheric and the writing is tighter: Howard could do in one short story what takes modern fantasy writers an entire novel...
8 years