Feedback and suggestions

Story updates and bumps

First off, love the recent changes to the design.

Just one quibble: I'd like to be able to edit an existing page of a story without this automatically bumping the story to the top of the "latest stories" list.

Not sure how easy it'd be to implement, or what others think, but it's something I'd appreciate. I'm forever spotting small things I'd like to tweak (as well as various grammatical and spelling mistakes), but am reluctant to make changes because the story will bump to the top, giving the impression that it's been updated in a serious way, when it hasn't.
8 years

Story updates and bumps

Yeah I see the problem, I'll have a think about how I can resolve it. Currently the system bumps stories that have been edited so that if you add a new chapter it will be drawn to peoples attention. However for minor updates I can see this is misleading. Any suggestions?
8 years

Story updates and bumps

Thanks! Personally, afraid I can't offer any suggestions from a technical pov, but if it bumped only when a chapter was added, or when the story description changed, that'd be good.
8 years

Story updates and bumps

Fair points, though I reckon most people who'd take the trouble to revise their chapters to that extent would probably also update the story's overall description to say they'd made changes. So if altering the description bumped the story, perhaps that would work - especially if it were explained in an FAQ or sticky post.
8 years