General

Summer holidays?

Summer in Moscow was pleasantly cool and not that much rainy. This is appreciated because we have a tendency for each summer be hotter than previous.

But then me, my friend and his wife went on 2 week vacation in Japan. I can't say it was cool, no, that was HOT smiley I thought I'd die in the heat they have, but I survived thanks to A/Cs inside buildings and soda vending machines outside every 1-2 meters in average and also neat toilets that you can find literally anywhere smiley So the flow of liquid is really well organized there smiley One of the things I regret - that I haven't had enough conversation with locals, because nice fluent english is rare thing to encounter and also when I'm in company - I can't seem to fully switch language and attention to surrounding place and people.

After I came back I seem to brought heat wave with me, haha. I thought I'd cool down in moscow, but noooo smiley Anyway A/Cs rock anywhere smiley
8 years

Summer holidays?

I didn't get to escape the ridiculous yet regular heat until late this year. Some friends and I went to LA for a concert late June/early July and spent nearly a week there since it's a 6+ hour drive without traffic, and we had a blast. I went on a cruise to Alaska and Canada for 10 days a week later, so I finally got to remember what it felt like to have my local fall temperatures again.
Since vacation season for me hasn't ended yet, I'm leaving for Michigan for a couple of days in about a week, which should be pretty fun.
8 years