Stuffing

Thanksgiving prep

I think I am not the only one that takes the entire month of November as a thanksgiving practice in order to make sure I make the most of the day.

I am working out harder than usual to stoke my appetite, drinking water after every meal to stretch out, and going on long slow walks whenever I am full to help digest.

What are the rest of you doing to get ready?
8 years

Thanksgiving prep

I hadn't thought about November for gaining but I started last week intentionally gaining coincidentally enough.

I will follow the water advice after big meals ......in fact I am doing at the moment after my over 3000 calorie lunch that consisted of a huge mexican burrito chips and salsa, a king size snickers bar and a pint of heavy cream to wash down the snickers.

I am going to see what my wife says when I get to 260 Lbs.
8 years

Thanksgiving prep

I was inspired to ask because of the Thanksgiving fantasy post. I don't have a thanksgiving fantasy as much as a thanksgiving strategy.

Being a vegetarian, there are some things I won't eat, but everything I do eat is up for grabs by everyone in my family. Some people that are never usually interested in my food want to have some thinking that my healthy veggie food somehow offsets their meaty gluttony. Meaning that my leftovers disappear faster, and when everyone else is still feasting on turkey sandwiches, I have to cook.

To counter this, I have begun adding more and more entrees and desserts to veggie dishes to the menu, some of which are insanely decedent. The funny part about this is that I try all the veggie dishes my family brings, most of which are meh, but if it is good I go for seconds and thirds. The dishes I make get swarmed on, and I make sure that anyone that wants some gets some sent home. To balance that, there was a pecan pie and a mushroom/spinach quiche I "forgot" to put out last year.
8 years

Thanksgiving prep

On Thanksgiving morning I ate a large breakfast, getting pretty full. It stretched my stomach out, so I could eat a lot more later that day. I was disappointed that I didn't gain any weight, but I tried.
8 years