Gaining

Heavy cream is very sneaky

FattyFat25:
I blow up when I have heavy cream. I usually use it to make a milkshake and it is so amazing.

Excellent choice ! Even Hershey's chocolate added makes it the best ideal gainer mix. Liquid calories go down real easy, just ease into it. Before bedtime is the best. Let all those extra calories work there wonders while you sleep.
4 years

aurasphere:
I definitely want to try this but I'm allergic to milk (a thing I never knew was different than intolerance). I've read some of Becomingoverweight's posts about stearic fatty acids, as well as posts about phytogen-rich foods/topical oils, and I think I have a plan.

For long-chain fatty acids like heavy cream:
-Cocao butter or powder, emulsified or mixed into my gaining smoothies as a heavy cream substitute (haven't tried yet, and eager to now)
-apparently I've been doing something right along these lines by using cashews as my main calorie source
-adding low-sugar chocolate to my snacking habits

To further discourage visceral fat accumulation and encourage it's burning:
-using lavender and teatree oil topically, in my lotion after showers and for that lovely, tingling feeling that puts me right to sleep in the evening (extra sleep is also great for not gaining visceral fat!)
-using soy milk as a base in my smoothies
-adding sesame oil and tofu to my meals

So far I've noticed my typically fatless lower legs getting a layer of softness, after 10 days my belly and waist measured smaller, and my butt got a little bigger, all while I lost 3 pounds!

I sure hope this isn't placebo, because I'd love to be soft all over!

glittergem:
that all sounds really luscious honestly! lavender lotion? ooofff thats great. Walmart actually sells a dairy free heavy cream btw. Same calorie count as heavy cream

So I have tried not-heavy soy whipping cream (Alli could find without making an extra trip from one grocery store to walmart), and had an... Interesting experience.

As has been stated, MAN whipping cream is sweet!... and hard to chug without gagging a little! This actually gave me the idea to use it as substitute for the soy milk in my smoothies. And at 30cal per serving and 63 servings per ~1000ml bottle (which so happens to be the same amount of soy milk I use in each smoothie), it made for an approximately 4800cal smoothie! The only thing is... I could only drink half of it. Not that it was too sweet or thick for me to drink, I'm pretty comfortable with that stuff. What happened was my toes and other parts of my body started to feel a little tense and mysteriously painful (I could not easily replicate any discomfort I felt after I felt it).

Thankfully that only lasted the rest of the day, but I half expected to experience extra heat in the core of my belly. I remember when I first started gaining that's what I felt, which at the time I thought was my body activating fat storage for practically the first time ever (I had almost no fat before, so I was very green to what gaining felt like). With how heavy cream is described to help burn belly fat, I thought I'd feel that again, but I didn't. So I'm likely wrong about my assumptions or my cashew-rich smoothies already managed my visceral fat. I am mostly subcutaneous fat right now anyways.

I still have the other half of that smoothie I made with the bottle of whipping cream. I'm slowly going through it, adding it to my regular smoothies. It's a pretty nice flavor to add! I might use heavier cream (in moderation) to bring out the flavor in the future.
4 years

aurasphere:
So I have tried not-heavy soy whipping cream (Alli could find without making an extra trip from one grocery store to walmart), and had an... Interesting experience.

As has been stated, MAN whipping cream is sweet!... and hard to chug without gagging a little! This actually gave me the idea to use it as substitute for the soy milk in my smoothies. And at 30cal per serving and 63 servings per ~1000ml bottle (which so happens to be the same amount of soy milk I use in each smoothie), it made for an approximately 4800cal smoothie! The only thing is... I could only drink half of it. Not that it was too sweet or thick for me to drink, I'm pretty comfortable with that stuff. What happened was my toes and other parts of my body started to feel a little tense and mysteriously painful (I could not easily replicate any discomfort I felt after I felt it).

Thankfully that only lasted the rest of the day, but I half expected to experience extra heat in the core of my belly. I remember when I first started gaining that's what I felt, which at the time I thought was my body activating fat storage for practically the first time ever (I had almost no fat before, so I was very green to what gaining felt like). With how heavy cream is described to help burn belly fat, I thought I'd feel that again, but I didn't. So I'm likely wrong about my assumptions or my cashew-rich smoothies already managed my visceral fat. I am mostly subcutaneous fat right now anyways.

I still have the other half of that smoothie I made with the bottle of whipping cream. I'm slowly going through it, adding it to my regular smoothies. It's a pretty nice flavor to add! I might use heavier cream (in moderation) to bring out the flavor in the future.

becomingoverweight:
That wasn't heavy cream. Heavy cream isn't even remotely sweet. Heavy cream has 3470.16 calories per liter and what you described has 1890 calories per liter. Whatever you drank seems to have gotten most of its calories from sugar. When you consumed it, your blood sugar levels probably spiked really high. High blood sugar messes with nerves and can cause painful tingly sensations. If you read up on diabetic neuropathy, you'd probably find it describes the sensation you had. Obviously you don't have that though since you experienced that due to eating loads of sugar, not from having diabetes. What was the brand/product you used.

You are correct, I did not have heavy whipping cream, as I had initially stated. I was confident there would be a difference between whipping cream and *heavy,* but I wasn't sure how much. Definitely worth experimenting with it until I can find some dairy free heavy cream. All I could find was the SO Delicious beans of not-heavy whipping cream. And yes, while it has quite a bit of saturated and unsaturated fats, it's primarily sugar. Definitely curious what the experiential differences are between the two. Though, still, I'll probably do things half as heavily (or less) when I find heavy cream in stock.
4 years

becomingoverweight:
Heavy cream and whipping cream are the same thing. That said, neither are supposed to be sweet. Even a dairy-free version of them shouldn't be sweet. Did you get coffee creamer instead?[/quote]

I already threw out the carton, but you're probably right. I grabbed what I thought was the last dairy free carton as it was next to heavy whipping cream made with dairy, which made it look like it was marketed as a "light, low-fat" alternative instead of creamer. It must have been moved from the creamers a couple shelves up... Drat.
4 years

becomingoverweight:
Heavy cream and whipping cream are the same thing. That said, neither are supposed to be sweet. Even a dairy-free version of them shouldn't be sweet. Did you get coffee creamer instead?

aurasphere:
I already threw out the carton, but you're probably right. I grabbed what I thought was the last dairy free carton as it was next to heavy whipping cream made with dairy, which made it look like it was marketed as a "light, low-fat" alternative instead of creamer. It must have been moved from the creamers a couple shelves up... Drat.

Keebler1987:
Yikes!

I hope the pain reaction went away and you feel better at this time.

Have you attempted to treat your Cow Milk Allergy with probiotics, such as lactobacilli?

Have you tried "Raw Milk"? I had lots of trouble with dairy products until I started supplementing with it. It's not legal in some places, but it is Rich in probiotics that may alleviate some of your symptoms... Assuming that you won't go into anaphylactic shock from a small amount of milk.

Here is a study that attempts to treat CMA with probiotics that are found in raw, unpasteurized cows milk.

]www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3261804/[/quote]

Thankfully, yes. I had to do some unplanned yard work yesterday, so I may have been able to accelerate recovery by working off some of those sugar calories (phew)!

I'll take a look at that article. Thanks for sharing it! I never thought of those possibilities. Though finding a Walmart that has dairy free heavy cream miiight be easier than obtaining "raw milk," if it's as... Legally iffy as you suggest smiley I just gotta make sure I don't accidentally grab creamer again!
4 years

Heavy cream is by far the best way to gain quickly. Such a huge number of calories in relatively little bulk. I recommend combining it with Nutella in a shake.

Microwave a jar of Nutella (500g) so that it is runny and add this to 600ml heavy cream in a blender. Add full cream milk to the mix so that it is not too thick or sweet. I usually add 1.5 litres.

Drink this over the course of a day along with normal meals. I found that while you do feel a little bloated and occasionally a little queasy, you can gain 2-2.5kgs in a week (4-5.5lbs)
4 years

becomingoverweight:
Heavy cream and whipping cream are the same thing. That said, neither are supposed to be sweet. Even a dairy-free version of them shouldn't be sweet. Did you get coffee creamer instead?

aurasphere:

Keebler1987:
Yikes!

I hope the pain reaction went away and you feel better at this time.

Have you attempted to treat your Cow Milk Allergy with probiotics, such as lactobacilli?

Have you tried "Raw Milk"? I had lots of trouble with dairy products until I started supplementing with it. It's not legal in some places, but it is Rich in probiotics that may alleviate some of your symptoms... Assuming that you won't go into anaphylactic shock from a small amount of milk.

Here is a study that attempts to treat CMA with probiotics that are found in raw, unpasteurized cows milk.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3261804/

aurasphere:
Thankfully, yes. I had to do some unplanned yard work yesterday, so I may have been able to accelerate recovery by working off some of those sugar calories (phew)!

I'll take a look at that article. Thanks for sharing it! I never thought of those possibilities. Though finding a Walmart that has dairy free heavy cream miiight be easier than obtaining "raw milk," if it's as... Legally iffy as you suggest smiley I just gotta make sure I don't accidentally grab creamer again!

Keebler1987:
Walmart would not have "raw milk".

It would be best to look at small grocers, "natural" or "organic" stores, or direct from your local dairy Farmer.

I have had success with it. It's much different in flavor than your standard milk, richer and creamier. I have intolerance to both gluten and dairy, and since consuming raw milk both conditions have improved substantially.

But I am no doctor. Do your research and do what's best for you.

Just keep in mind that "non-dairy" is usually soy based, chemical garbage, that costs more and usually contain milk derivatives such as casein, anyway.

Be safe. Be careful. live your best life.

If I get the chance to try raw milk, I will. It'll be an experiment of sorts since I'm not intolerant, just allergic, which could make a difference or not. But hey, if I'm willing to try heavy cream (and mistakenly pick up the wrong carton), then I think I may safely try raw milk someday smiley
4 years

I love that the dalgona coffee trend makes this easier to pass off. Buy a large instant coffee or drink mix and it doesn't look like a weird amount of cream, you're just stocking up for the week.
4 years

Been on and off cream for a while. I can say it has definitely helped me grow, though it did take some time for me to notice and now it appears to be pretty evident that it’s working. My last cycle was about 2 months ago, I just started again but in small amounts. Bought 3 quarts and trying to have one a day staggered through a week, then may or may not do another 3 quart cycle next week and take some time off again to see where it settles. I’ve definitely felt softer this week (started on Monday) working on final quart today. I wake up and just feel softer, but could just be me getting ambitious. That said, I did notice some tenderness on my breasts, and small lumps which I can only point to the cream / fat deposit causing that to happen, (thinking it just might be my breasts starting to grow a bit) Curious if anyone else has had similar things ?
3 years

boundandfeed:
Could this "sneakyness" be the result of how the body processes the cream? Could this account for the delay and where on the body the fat is deposited?

'heavy' or double cream is just thicker than single cream, no more calories. The thinner stuff is more like milk so could be easier to drink.
3 years