Gaining

Heavy cream is very sneaky

boundandfeed:
How long will heavy cream keep in the refrigerator? It seems to last a long time, just not sure how long?

I would say about a week but it depends on how long it has been on the shelf in the store of course. I have a mini fridge hidden away in my den, especially for the cream. so my consumption is not visible to others.
3 years

boundandfeed:
How long will heavy cream keep in the refrigerator? It seems to last a long time, just not sure how long?

It may be one of those It Varies things.

Influenced by this thread, this morning in the refrigerator i happened upon an unopened pint of Trader Joe’s Organic Heavy Whipping Cream, dated AUG 08. Shook the bejesus out of it until it again sounded like liquid rather than silent, then opened it: smelled OK.

Mixed somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 (didn’t measure) of a pint with about the same of vanilla unsweetened flax milk (a typical beverage i like), heated and blended with organic cacao powder for what amounts to hot chocolate. Vrra vrra niiiice.

I expect to have more tomorrow and/or the next day ’til it’s gone, maybe with some of the usual protein drink powders i have instead of the cacao.

This is mostly an experiment to find out how my body does/does not handle heavy cream.
3 years

I'm not far behind you Justapig.
Since buying and taking lactose pills I can manage 300ml of double cream and the same of milk, all mixed with about 100g of Nutella. I've had no unpleasantness in the loo, and my hayfever symptoms have totally gone. I'm also up 2 lbs in the last few days!
3 years

CustardCream:
I'm not far behind you Justapig.
Since buying and taking lactose pills I can manage 300ml of double cream and the same of milk, all mixed with about 100g of Nutella. I've had no unpleasantness in the loo, and my hayfever symptoms have totally gone. I'm also up 2 lbs in the last few days!

I've never thought of heavy cream as a cure for hayfever! I'm glad it's working out for you though. I'm keeping up with my 300ml most days and have noticed a new layer of fat forming everywhere. Weight up 4 Kg (9 lbs) over last 5 weeks.
3 years

trihexiphenidyl:
been on it for 7 or 8 days now, seem a bit softer but very little if any change in the scale, probably averaging a little over a pint a day, (just finished 4th quart) very little change in belly measure also. Though it does seem i bounce a tiny bit. does it take this long for everyone for it to work? last week I weighed in at 198 and today I weighed 199.2.

You need to allow 2-3 weeks for the cream to have it's magical effect. There is a delay in it's working that many here have noticed.
3 years

I finally started another heavy whipping cream cycle!

This time, I did a bit of homework on the amount of fat the body can absorb in one sitting (about 1000 calories worth), as well as how long it takes the body to digest the fat (about 2 hours). I then adjusted my heavy whipping cream consumption accordingly.

I'm 5 days into my cycle, and the new consumption technique is working beautifully. My previous attempts were difficult because I was drinking too much in one sitting and making myself sick. This also resulted in the excess fat being wasted.

I'm now drinking about 10 fluid ounces of heavy whipping cream, 5 times per day. This is about 1 and 2/3 quart of heavy whipping cream, every day. I have kept the rest of my diet unchanged, and am relying only on the heavy whipping cream for weight gain.

I'm relieved to say that, for once, I'm not experiencing any nausea at all, and I'm not experiencing any gastrointestinal complaints. It's too soon for me to see or feel any physical changes in my body, but I have definitely noticed a change on the scale.

I weigh myself first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything. So far, I'm up about 6 pounds! I have 23 days left in this gain cycle and, at this rate, I fully expect to have put on over 33 pounds by the time I'm done.

I'm seriously hoping that's enough weight gain to require a wardrobe change!
3 years

Curveman:
I've never thought of heavy cream as a cure for hayfever! I'm glad it's working out for you though. I'm keeping up with my 300ml most days and have noticed a new layer of fat forming everywhere. Weight up 4 Kg (9 lbs) over last 5 weeks.

Ah no sadly I meant that without the lactose pills I had hayfever symptoms. Milk and cream doesn't seem to agree with me much.

Well done on the gains. I fell off the wagon recently, mostly because my wife polished all the cream off! Can't complain but it is annoying!!
3 years

Zora:
I finally started another heavy whipping cream cycle!

This time, I did a bit of homework on the amount of fat the body can absorb in one sitting (about 1000 calories worth), as well as how long it takes the body to digest the fat (about 2 hours). I then adjusted my heavy whipping cream consumption accordingly.

I'm 5 days into my cycle, and the new consumption technique is working beautifully. My previous attempts were difficult because I was drinking too much in one sitting and making myself sick. This also resulted in the excess fat being wasted.

I'm now drinking about 10 fluid ounces of heavy whipping cream, 5 times per day. This is about 1 and 2/3 quart of heavy whipping cream, every day. I have kept the rest of my diet unchanged, and am relying only on the heavy whipping cream for weight gain.

I'm relieved to say that, for once, I'm not experiencing any nausea at all, and I'm not experiencing any gastrointestinal complaints. It's too soon for me to see or feel any physical changes in my body, but I have definitely noticed a change on the scale.

I weigh myself first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything. So far, I'm up about 6 pounds! I have 23 days left in this gain cycle and, at this rate, I fully expect to have put on over 33 pounds by the time I'm done.

I'm seriously hoping that's enough weight gain to require a wardrobe change!

Keep us posted! 50 Oz a day is impressive! Are you doing anything to aid digestion? Any exercise?
3 years

justapig:
i try and drink at least 300mls of heavy/double cream a day

I have started with the same amount every evening on Monday. Planning to do it for at least 7 days as a start.

So it could be that I feel and hopefully see the effect around mid-November?
3 years

irishrunner:
Keep us posted! 50 Oz a day is impressive! Are you doing anything to aid digestion? Any exercise?[/quote]

Will do! Today is my 7th day of this cycle, so I'll post my one-week gain tomorrow morning.

No, I'm not doing anything to aid digestion. Limiting myself to about 10 ounces at a time, and spreading them out at least two hours apart is making all the difference. This is the first time I've been able to do a heavy whipping cream cycle without experiencing nausea or indigestion.

No, I'm not exercising. I'm just being nice and sedentary and letting the weight pile on.
3 years