Gaining

Heavy cream is very sneaky

Update since I started toying with heavy cream and half and half;

I am much much softer and my belly jiggles when I walk, my butt has begun to inflate and my chest feels softer. I’m only like a week out from my first day and I’ve only had a minuscule amount. I didn’t think it would make this much of a difference.

Morbidly curious to see what I would end up looking like if I upped my cream and did it a little longer.

Though this aftermath effect has me concerned. I know I’m not in the threshold area yet and I’m both worried and excited to see if i balloon up overnight
3 years

becomingoverweight:
Just remember that according to the conservation of mass you can't gain weight from nothing. I'm a bit skeptical that heavy cream causes a gain days after it was last consumed.[/quote]

I think the theory is that some of the fat from the cream stores in the liver and gets stored as fat over a few days.

I certainly noticed that the gain from cream did not start right away and continued for days after I stopped.
3 years

becomingoverweight:
That would just be a transfer of mass from the liver to adipose tissue though. The body wouldn't get heavier.[/quote]

I believe when the body stores dietary fat as "fat" it is bonded with lots of water. Some 90% of the weight is actually water. So when fat temporarily in the liver got stored in fat cells it would weigh more and take up more volume.
3 years

fatchance:
I think the theory is that some of the fat from the cream stores in the liver and gets stored as fat over a few days.

I certainly noticed that the gain from cream did not start right away and continued for days after I stopped.

becomingoverweight:
That would just be a transfer of mass from the liver to adipose tissue though. The body wouldn't get heavier.

My experience is that there is a delay in the fat getting to the adipose tissue and I'm not sure if the fat is stored in the liver or possibly the lymph system until that happens. I have experienced the weight gain after finishing a few weeks of daily cream on more than one occasion and I suppose changes in water content in the body must cause this (as I'm a great believer in the law of conservation of mass).
3 years

fatchance:
I believe when the body stores dietary fat as "fat" it is bonded with lots of water. Some 90% of the weight is actually water. So when fat temporarily in the liver got stored in fat cells it would weigh more and take up more volume.

becomingoverweight:
Adipose tissue is mainly fat actually(60-94%). The fat is all stored together in a large droplet of lipids in adipocytes. So I'm not sure that should actually happen. I kind of doubt the dairy fat's being stored in the liver at all. You may be onto something though. Apparently the water content of adipose tissue is very variable. It might be possible that gaining a lot of fat all at once decreases the concentration of water in adipose tissue. It would then rehydrate leading to an increase in water weight. Either that or consuming all that cream induces changes in the body which increase the water content of adipose tissue.

This makes sense to me. When you consider the large amount of water in the body, relatively small percentage changes will make a difference of a few lbs at least.
3 years

Okay final update. I’ve entered and exited the aftermath area and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I’m incredibly soft everywhere and I have a little pot belly now that doesn’t go away and I can’t even suck it in.

Not sure if I wanna go back or keep going lolol
3 years

Zdude:
I’m currently getting ready to start a regimen of heave cream and chocolate syrup drinks before bed I’m going to drink 1/2 quart a night has anyone done this before and how long should I do it to notice a difference in my fat content[/quote]

I think you should start a little smaller first like 1 pint a day so you don't overwhelm your system and waste most of what you drank. You kinda have to ease into it at first.
3 years

I agree ease into it and let your body adapt to it.
No set time before you see results its different for everybody.
It works and you will gain.
The key to gaining is stay with it and don't give up because you aren't gaining as fast or as much as you would prefer.
My first time seriously trying to gain took me almost 4 months to see much of a gain and I think it was only 11 lbs that actually stayed on me.
3 years

Yep, key is stay with it.

Make a commitment to yourself to stay with it for a minimum amount of time .. say 6 months.

Each week increase just a little along with keeping the rest of your diet the same or increasing.

It will work and you may find that you miss it if you try to stop ... and that is ok too!
3 years

Zdude:
I’m currently getting ready to start a regimen of heave cream and chocolate syrup drinks before bed I’m going to drink 1/2 quart a night has anyone done this before and how long should I do it to notice a difference in my fat content

theprophetcat:
I think you should start a little smaller first like 1 pint a day so you don't overwhelm your system and waste most of what you drank. You kinda have to ease into it at first.

Zdude:
I’ve been doing 1/2 quart for 4days now and I think I’m digesting it just fine no bad side effects at all how long do you think I should wait to start drinking a whole quart a night I want to gain quickly and get some stretch marks also do you think I could do it every day for a month I am wanting to gain 35lbs from this[/quote]

Surely 1/2 a quart is one pint. Anyway, I would agree that this is a sensible maximum for most people.
3 years