Gaining

How long does it take for fat to appear?

Perhaps one of the most fascinating aspects of weight gain for me is the time frame in which fatty acids getting pumped around your bloodstream actually transmute into adipose.

I ask because Wikipedia says one thing, a Reddit thread says another, and personal anecdotes say another.

In Wikipedia's article, "Weight Gain", under the "Description" section, the author has claimed that weight gain has a latency period of "three days to two weeks". Surely that's incorrect, since there are plenty of testimonies from users here who claim to have binged one evening and woken the next morning "feeling softer".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_gain

The Reddit thread, which I can't remember and recall right now, had a ton of responses. The claims were varied, but all fell in between something like 3 hours to 2 days prior to ingestion.

And then here, on FF, we've got yet another variation of answers. Some people claim hours, some claim a single morning, some claim weeks.

So my curiosity is sparked once again, and I have a couple of questions:

1) For you, how long does it take for you to notice new fat prior to ingestion?

2) If you have any scientific expertise, or know of any reliable papers regarding the topic; what does science say about it?
7 years

How long does it take for fat to appear?

I tend to yo-yo and for me it takes about a week for me to notice.

I'll begin by eating whatever I want, nothing happens for a few days, then my muscle tone and ribs go under a layer of fat, then after a week or so my gut doesn't seem to be as flat in the mornings and before I know it I have a plump soft belly sticking out over my jeans.

All in all from skinny to chubby takes me a month of mindless eating, 3 weeks to get started then my belly really plumps up around week 4, round pudgy and refusing to go flat.

By week 6 I'm covered in new blubber with jeans straining, lovehandles and my belly showing through shirts.

I'm at the end of week 4 now..
7 years