forum  extreme obesity

what is the worst thing about being obese?2 years

For me it is probably feeling hot most of the time, sweating too much and the aches I get in my back and knees when I have been standing for too long. However, overall I have no complaints about being obese. I would recommend it.

Definitely the sweating!

As above, it's being hot and the swearing. I mostly wear performance fabrics now that wisk the moister away. I can't stand heavy non-breathable fabrics. I would have to say, second would be the difficulty in Butt cleaning. I have just about given up trying to take care of my feet myself. Just too much work!

For me its leg pain

What my family says about it smiley

My family,and CHUB RUB....

Sometimes the choices you are forced to make as a result. Do you part/distance yourself from longtime friends and family who want you to be "healthy"?

Learning when to pick and choose your battles. Like the same people who look at you in disgust for taking up 2 seats on the train/bus, look for you to help when crazies/thugs start harassing them.

Deciphering if people are "attracted" to you or if subconsciously; you remind them of an obese father/uncle, mother/aunt/cousin who reminded them of a simpler time, a better time in their life before they passed on.

summer and steps

what is the worst thing about being obese?7 months

For my wife, it's clothes shopping and travel.

She really doesn't care about the logistical inconveniences of being truly obese- she told me she wouldn't mind getting too big for doorways even- but having to keep shopping online for bigger and bigger skirts is a bit of a chore.

And travel would be real hard without me. She really needs two airplane seats, but can make do with one because she can rest all her fat on me. Traveling alone, I don't think the average rando could tolerate that sort of "crowding" that comes with a fat stranger spreading all over them.

The last time we flew together, a lovely young supermodel-looking flight attendant had to help her buckle her seatbelt by lifting her belly up by the love handles with a big smile. And she didn't make her lower the armrest even though she was supposed to, because she knew it was no use and she could tell we were flying together and I didn't mind my wife spilling all over me.

Luckily, sweat isn't an issue for her at all-

an abnormally low metabolism is the reason she gains weight so easily in the first place, so gaining more blubber has actually helped her be healthier by keeping her warm!

So far the annoying parts are that getting up consistently from my chair is getting annoying and taxing on my legs, feels like im doing leg exercises lol, usually fix that by just not getting up.

Standing in general sucks, I dont see a reason to unless I have to, I'm also nowhere near as flexible as I once was, like I can still do things I used to, but I have to either move my fat manually, or just work around it, but I consider that a pro soooo

fatgrllvr:
I noticed that a lot of you call out sweating and/or joint pain as an issue. I'm not obese, but I sweat more than any fat person I know, and the joints in my knees and shoulders, as well as my lower back, are shot. So maybe these problems aren't just from obesity! I hope this gives you a little comfort - that's how it's intended.

That's a good point. Weight gets blamed for EVERY problem but if that were truly the cause, skinny people wouldn't have any problems. Granted, I'm sure extra weight doesn't help some of them, but that's different than being the cause of it.

Doctors.

what is the worst thing about being obese?6 months

The worst thing about being obese is that nothing is designed for us. Cinema and plane seats are too small. In restaurants the space between tables is too small. 1 in 5 adults are obese and 3% of us are morbidly obese but thin people design everything with themselves in mind.

Where to begin? Everything above and more. Like putting on socks and shoes because my belly got in my way, not fitting in a seat in plane or restaurants, crushing people sitting next to me, trying to buy new pants, that is a pain and I don't mention the underwear and bras who are designed for skinny people. Even toilet seats are to small sometimes.

feed me and i will be able to answer you....lol

Achy ankles, knees, back first thing in the morning. Usually they go away after an hour but when I first wake up, it hurts.

I know this stems from carrying my extra weight around all day.

Stairs are the worst. The world should be filled with bungalows and escalators!

pain my knees and, as well as my lower back, and not able to put socks & shoes on anymore.

My ex was too fat to give me road head. :-(

For me the worst is sweating profusely from just the slightest exertion. I need to bring a sweat rag or towel with me everywhere I go. It can be quite embarrassing, not to mention uncomfortable.

PizzaQueen:
Where to begin? Everything above and more. Like putting on socks and shoes because my belly got in my way, not fitting in a seat in plane or restaurants, crushing people sitting next to me, trying to buy new pants, that is a pain and I don't mention the underwear and bras who are designed for skinny people. Even toilet seats are to small sometimes.

AMEN! Sweating is bad. Toilet seats and stalls is something that never crossed my mind when I was smaller. My shoes are slide-ons now also. I would love escalators everywhere!

PizzaQueen:

ChattyBecca:
AMEN! Sweating is bad. Toilet seats and stalls is something that never crossed my mind when I was smaller. My shoes are slide-ons now also. I would love escalators everywhere!
might need baby powder smiley

HER most recent complaint?

She has to do all her clothes shopping online on specialty plus-size sites.
Yet the clothes models are all still petite!
It's like they're either embarrassed to admit their clothing is for fat women, or too lazy to seek out appropriately sized models.

It's a real practical concern because when a skinny woman models what's supposed to be an 8XL garment, she has no idea what she's actually going to get when it arrives.

She told me her dream job would be to start a super-sized women's fashion line, and employ truly gigantic young ladies to model what her clothes would actually look like for the people who would wear them.
And fat people need to know they can be glamorous too!

claude38:
feed me and i will be able to answer you....lol

Yes please

projectpolemics:

She told me her dream job would be to start a super-sized women's fashion line, and employ truly gigantic young ladies to model what her clothes would actually look like for the people who would wear them.
And fat people need to know they can be glamorous too!

I've had a similar dream - so to speak. Making clothes specifically for larger girls and women, of all ages, including kids. The biggest problem I see in the modeling is the fact that two people of the same larger weight, can have completely different body shapes. Skinny girls are all pretty much the same but the larger one gets, the more unique their body becomes. Take three girls, all 5'4, all weighing 350 and one may be bottom heavy, one top heavy and one pretty even. One could have one big belly, one could have two belly rolls and one could have 3 belly rolls. Not to mention boobs and butts and thighs and arms and every other body part. It's almost like you'd need multiple models but I guess having at least ONE model of the right size would be better than it is now.

ChubbyHubby:
The biggest problem I see in the modeling is the fact that two people of the same larger weight, can have completely different body shapes. Skinny girls are all pretty much the same but the larger one gets, the more unique their body becomes.

Yeah, the real solution for ladies' fatshion would be to have a whole variety of shapes and fits for different big body types, rather than just basic sizes for outerwear. It's not a crazy idea- look at how many cuts and styles of men's jeans there are, after all! Totally reasonable.

Tying shoes is a pain in the butt.
Finding a coat that can go all the way around me and actually zip or button.
Finding a winter coat that doesn't end up on top of my butt.
I could probably think of a few more but that was enough for now LOLOL

Why did that read as something soooo exciting? Hmmmm..!

I'm sorry, that's a real shame.

Jean-Paul Sartre said, "Hell is other people," and it really is awful having to deal with garbage people with garbage attitudes.

T_________T

ApronDoubleBelly:
At least for me its rejection , ridicule and loneliness.

Good god girl. Your much to beautiful for that!

ApronDoubleBelly:

I want you to know that I feel you. In my heart I'm hugging you tight, patting your back, and reminding you that you're beautiful and brave and honest.

When I went to India I was laughed at, pointed out, video-taped, etc. One man angrily demanded to know how much I weighed. Another asked with curiousity and friendliness so I told him. But it was painful and embarrassing. Bottom line, look for the love and the friendship. That's the joy of life. My very best to you, Dear Heart.

~Bella

what is the worst thing about being obese?5 months

The first really embarrassing moment was not seeing the card scanner at the checkout counter but bathrooms and most public spaces- booths for one with stationary seating!

growingabellyforher:
The first really embarrassing moment was not seeing the card scanner at the checkout counter but bathrooms and most public spaces- booths for one with stationary seating!
They need to make the horrible little spaces where you stand to pay for your groceries at least twice as wide!

kevingainer:
The worst thing about being obese is that nothing is designed for us. Cinema and plane seats are too small. In restaurants the space between tables is too small. 1 in 5 adults are obese and 3% of us are morbidly obese but thin people design everything with themselves in mind.
When my bf gets too fat for stuff like movie theater seats and amusement park rides, I'm not going without him.

PinkyDear:
Doctors.
I suggest moving to the Des Moines, Iowa area. Our doctors are very fluffy friendly. Iowans in general are fluffy friendly.

Farleysmom:
When my bf gets too fat for stuff like movie theater seats and amusement park rides, I'm not going without him.

I know all about that!
I mentioned it earlier, but it's so true. My wife and I agreed she pretty much can't travel alone, because she's gotten too fat for one seat and would just crowd the poor stranger next to her.
Whereas with me next to her, I don't mind sharing the space.

PinkyDear:
Doctors.

Farleysmom:
I suggest moving to the Des Moines, Iowa area. Our doctors are very fluffy friendly. Iowans in general are fluffy friendly.

I agree. Doctors here are much better!

BignPretty:
Exhaustion, being ignored, rejection , ridicule and loneliness.,

Sorry to hear! just shouldn't be that way!

ApronDoubleBelly:

rUfatyet2:
Good god girl. Your much to beautiful for that!

ApronDoubleBelly:
Cringe!!! What " good girl," I'm not a dog thanks. That comment makes you sound a bit like sadist.

You read it wrong!!!!!!!
I said good god girl, in response to how some were making you feel!

Awesome post😊

For me: struggling to cut my toenails/clean myself/bend over generally:I'm single.The extra cost of clothes the bigger you get.Type 2 diabetes:I have it.

what is the worst thing about being obese?4 months

For me:

Fatigue - I get tired doing a lot less. It took a bit of time to adjust and accept that this was part of the lifestyle, as I was able to do much more in a day than I am now. However, online service has improved a lot over the last decade or so, so it's not quite as bad.

Expenses - I'm lucky to be able to pursue a gainer lifestyle, but I still need to be pretty meticulous about my spending - larger clothing, grocery bills and some of the other, unforseen complications (like getting a bed that is not only comfortable, but can support my weight, also I needed to upgrade my car because of my weight and get tires that won't wear prematurely because of my big ol' butt).

Joint pain - there are times where my ankles and knee joints experience a fair bit of pain, usually when I walk (well, actually waddle) further than I should. This is the worst thing that I wish I didn't have to deal with, but if I'm careful, I don't experience it too often.

Ate2Much:
For me the worst is in the bathroom. Trying to reach around my enormous belly to get clean,bending over. This fetish is taking over my life. Can't stop gaining weight,I love gaining n being fat.

I agree, my arms seems like they have gotten shorter and my rear much bigger and softer.

My blood pressure is now in the high range, ugh. I plan to do more yoga; if sumo wrestlers can fight and stay fat, I see no reason why I can't do yoga and stay fat. Hopefully that will help enough to get it back down into the 'normal' range.

sweetfattie:
My blood pressure is now in the high range, ugh. I plan to do more yoga

I don't know about yoga, but I cut a lot of salt out of my diet and started swimming 3 times a week. Even while gaining, my blood pressure improved.

sweetfattie:

giantjay:
I don't know about yoga, but I cut a lot of salt out of my diet and started swimming 3 times a week. Even while gaining, my blood pressure improved.

Good to know! Right now I can only swim in summer, can't afford a membership to a gym with an indoor pool. But if the yoga doesn't work maybe I'll try cooking at home more and use the money I save toward pool access. (I have a great weakness for Asian food and so far cooking it myself hasn't worked out so well. smiley )

Finding clothes in my size I actually want to wear and body pain. Other then that being fat is great!!!

sweetfattie:
Good to know! Right now I can only swim in summer, can't afford a membership to a gym with an indoor pool. But if the yoga doesn't work maybe I'll try cooking at home more and use the money I save toward pool access.

Yoga certainly won't hurt! I've just started to do very simple yoga, to get more stretching in and try to improve my flexibility. I hurt my shoulder last year and want to try and improve my flexibility. Being a big fatty, it's already pretty limited, so I need to maintain whatever I can!

Hope you can get that blood pressure down without too much trouble. Watch out for the hidden salt/sodium in asian food, cause that won't help!

Sore ankles.

I have been lucky to avoid any knee pain, but lately my ankles and feet are always sore at the end of the day.

Not much I can do about it, since I won't be losing weight any time soon.

1fatprincess:
Finding clothes in my size I actually want to wear and body pain. Other then that being fat is great!!!

I agree! Have to shop online and it is hit or miss on sizes. Feet hurt if I'm on my feet too long. Legs ache more after walking.

Finding clothes that fit me and sqeezing into tight places but totally love being fat!!!

what is the worst thing about being obese?3 months

sweetfattie:

giantjay:

sweetfattie:
Good to know! Right now I can only swim in summer, can't afford a membership to a gym with an indoor pool. But if the yoga doesn't work maybe I'll try cooking at home more and use the money I save toward pool access. (I have a great weakness for Asian food and so far cooking it myself hasn't worked out so well. smiley )

I was mediocre at cooking Asian food until I started using Jet Tila's cookbook, "101 Asian Dishes You Need to Cook Before You Die". It's incredibly well written, and targeted at amateurs. Almost everything I have made so far, others have thought came from a restaurant. It's less expensive than take out, etc too. 400 may come much faster for you.
1 >> page 1 of 6   loading