General

Any video gamers

i just got rock band 2 yesterday for my ps3 i own a ton of games
15 years

Any video gamers

*clasps hands together* Ah, video games. I've been playing them almost daily since I was around 6 or so, starting with Alex Kidd in Miracle World for the Sega Master System and onwards. I always was a Sega kid though, having the SMS then progressing to the Mega Drive/Genesis afterwards. Then I got a Game Boy, jumped to the N64, then to the Gamecube and over time I got my hands on a GBC, a GBA, a PS1, a PS2, an XBox, a Nintendo DS, and a Wii.

That said, nowadays I'm mostly a retro gamer, playing the old classics via emulation and getting to experience the old Nintendo ones for the first time. RPG's are my favourite genre, as well as anything involving Sonic the Hedgehog. I don't mind trying a bit of anything, except sports, horror, or wrestling games. I'm a Pokemon fan too- it actually led me to internet contact for the first time. smiley
15 years

Any video gamers

OK I might as well own up to being a nerd too. My favourite games for each system I own are...

Wonder Boy III (Sega Master System)
Air Zonk (Turbographx-16)
Flashback (Sega Genesis)
Streets of Rage (Sega Game Gear)
Snatcher (Sega CD)
Virtua Fighter (Sega 32X)
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Sega Saturn)
Metal Gear Solid (Sony Playstation)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (Nintendo64)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (Nintendo Game Boy Color)
Shenmue II (Sega Dreamcast)
Broken Sword (Nintendo Game Boy Advance)
Silent Hill 2 (Sony Playstation 2)
Killer 7 (Nintendo Gamecube)
Hotel Dusk (Nintendo DS)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (Sony Playstation Portable)
Okami (Nintendo Wii)

It's a difficult choice to make only one selection per platform as there are so many others deserving to be mentioned here. Oh well, maybe sometime when I'm bored I'll make a separate list for my favourite games regardless of platform.

-B
15 years

Any video gamers

Gotta say im loving Fable 2 on the 360 at the moment, such a charming adventure
15 years

Any video gamers

I'm playing Fallout 3 too. It's pretty awesome.
I bought Fable 2 a while ago, but haven't had the time to play. However today I learned that you can make you character gain weight in Fable 2, definitely going to try that out.
15 years

Any video gamers

video games well be the death of me! smiley
15 years

Any video gamers

woohoo! A new Kingdom Hearts comes out on December 2nd for the ps2! Kingdom Hearts ReChain of Memories! It bridges the gap between Kh1 and Kh2! I cant wait!!smiley
15 years

Any video gamers

Wolf_of_Memories wrote:
I'm all for the Xbox360. The new games look pretty good, the Play Station 3 doesnt look that appealing too me. Not enough games, the Wii? Well, it's more a family game then anything. Anyone know of any good RPG games for Ps2 or Xbox360?

Well if you want to know about good games for the Wii that are coming up; there's Mushroom Men, Sin & Punishment 2, Trace Memory, Cursed Mountain, the Conduit & Madworld. Madworld look ridiculous, it's made by the people who made Okami. Here's a trailer...

[img'>https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/-2MYPmbgrI0/default.jpg[/img]]ca.[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch

Not including anything I've bought over Virtual Console or Wiiware, I already have ten great games for my Wii, many of which are not family friendly. And believe it or not, none of them are Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, De Blob or Boom Blox - though I do eventually want them. Take a look at my list of favourite games in an earlier post if you should have any nagging doubts about whether or not I'm not a true gamer.

-B
15 years

Any video gamers

Moonchild wrote:
katsujinken wrote:
And believe it or not, none of them are Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Smash Brothers Brawl

You should get on that. Though it's a useful fact for the purpose of making a point in this thread. Still...... not worth it.

I'm also looking forward to The Conduit and Madworld.

Well those are all pretty popular games so I'm sure if I just wait they'll be pretty common to find used for cheap in the years to come and I can get them then. Well except for maybe Twilight Princess, I've played both but I feel that Okami is the superior wolf protagonist based action adventure for the Wii and I'm not sold on the idea that I really need two.
15 years

Any video gamers

Moonchild wrote:
Good point. Having played quite a bit of both I would agree that Okami is better. I'd argue that of those listed, Galaxy is probably the one I'd most likely mark as a "must have." But I'm a gigantic Mario nerd and general platformer enthusiast.

On another note, Scribblenauts looks incredibly cool: ]kotaku.com/5103305/scribblenauts-will-let-you-put-lasers-on-sharks

Kotaku eh? Ha! I knew I recognized that picture in your avatar, now I know from where. That's the one they always use for Ban Hammer Mondays. I actually already read that article too. Kotaku is part of my daily reading along with Cracked.
15 years
12345   loading