Lifestyle tips

Anybody know how to quickly fix a button pop?

I need help on this since I feel like my khaki shorts won't hold on any longer, so what could I do if the button popped and I needed a quick solution?
6 years

Carry safety pins. 😉
6 years

Why didn't I ever think of using safety pins!?
6 years

If the button is sewn on - I'd recommend you to resew it manually and firmly (don't spare the thread). Also you can resew it closer to the edge to give a little bit of extra room.
And you can carry a threaded needle in these shorts (probably put in some container... like a syringe needle cap or smthn) and spare button in case sewn button will break (but at this point I think wearing those would be painfully uncomfortable). So you can excuse yourself to the men's room and just resew it there.

If the button is like in jeans - when those pop they might rip off the fabric and ruin your shorts. But popping those require quite a force, so once again you shouldn't have been wearing shorts that tight by then.

And another option is to just leave it unbuttoned and cover with a belt. I did that and its not that bad. If you have a big overhang - thats an extra bonus there for stealth smiley
6 years