Gaining

Gaining with nausea

Gingerbeard:
I have similar issues, in that my stomach capacity is limited by acid reflux. If I eat too much, I feel *awful*.

Definitely number one thing is know your limits. I had a feeder who pushed me way too hard, and I listened to her instead of my own body. It had unpleasant results.

So if your feedee can find out what a "comfortably over-full" level is, it's best to graze to keep at or near that level throughout the day. Eat full meals, but don't overdo it. And balance that with snacks.

I find the best coping mechanism for stomach limits is actually drinking my calories. I can drink a lot of soda, some beer, even fruit juices are usually quite high in calories.

It all adds up. Just keep packing in a bit as the day goes on, maintaing a comfortable level of fullness. The pounds will come as a result!

Another feedee with acid reflux! I don't feel quite so alone now.

Lack of capacity does make gaining slower. Gingerbeard is right; grazing is key if stuffing is out. Make sure to keep your feedee's favored snacks by his computer and TV chair/couch. It's so easy to munch mindlessly if the food is right there while I watch TV, surf the internet, or play PC games. Potato chips are a favorite of mine, they're light in texture but high in calories. Offer a variety of tastes and textures to tempt him.

Most importantly, if he says he can't eat any more, don't push him! That will only make things worse. Provide lots of delicious food, reward him for finishing his plate, but listen and back off if he's uncomfortable. Give him a belly massage and praise him for eating however much he managed.

Ginger might help the nausea a bit if you haven't tried that. I generally go for ginger tea or a little piece of crystallized ginger after I've pushed my limits a bit too far. Tums Smoothies taste pretty decent for an antacid, those can help too.
6 years

Gaining with nausea

Gingerbeard:
I have similar issues, in that my stomach capacity is limited by acid reflux. If I eat too much, I feel *awful*.

Definitely number one thing is know your limits. I had a feeder who pushed me way too hard, and I listened to her instead of my own body. It had unpleasant results.

So if your feedee can find out what a "comfortably over-full" level is, it's best to graze to keep at or near that level throughout the day. Eat full meals, but don't overdo it. And balance that with snacks.

I find the best coping mechanism for stomach limits is actually drinking my calories. I can drink a lot of soda, some beer, even fruit juices are usually quite high in calories.

It all adds up. Just keep packing in a bit as the day goes on, maintaing a comfortable level of fullness. The pounds will come as a result!

sweetfattie:
Another feedee with acid reflux! I don't feel quite so alone now.

Lack of capacity does make gaining slower. Gingerbeard is right; grazing is key if stuffing is out. Make sure to keep your feedee's favored snacks by his computer and TV chair/couch. It's so easy to munch mindlessly if the food is right there while I watch TV, surf the internet, or play PC games. Potato chips are a favorite of mine, they're light in texture but high in calories. Offer a variety of tastes and textures to tempt him.

Most importantly, if he says he can't eat any more, don't push him! That will only make things worse. Provide lots of delicious food, reward him for finishing his plate, but listen and back off if he's uncomfortable. Give him a belly massage and praise him for eating however much he managed.

Ginger might help the nausea a bit if you haven't tried that. I generally go for ginger tea or a little piece of crystallized ginger after I've pushed my limits a bit too far. Tums Smoothies taste pretty decent for an antacid, those can help too.
Join my club lol Major acid reflux here!My doctor has put me on Lansoprazole and told me to have a large swig of Gaviscon every night straight before bed....it's made a fantastic difference!
Constant grazing is the way to go.Just nibble at things through the day and keep a variety of things.After chocolate,switch to sugary sweets and then bro savoury etc.
After meals,you are often offered mints...this is because mint is an aid tio digestion.Try it.There are other natural aids to digestion....google and experiment!
You can do it! smiley
6 years