General

Fat admiring/feederism - evolutionary advantage? (survey)

Hello everyone.

I think every one of you has asked themselves, 'What is feederism and where does it came from?'. I have researched the topic and found out that there was not much research regarding this topic. At the moment i am serving in the german army, but after that i will go to university and study biology or planetary sciences.

My first question is, where does feederism or fat fetishism lay? Research suggests that it is some kind of 'mental disfunction' what want to proof wrong. My theory is that the information lies in our genome and does (at least not in all cases) develops itself when we grow up. It could be an evolutionary advantage in human civilization being attracted to a person who is overweight, because stores of body fat can mean wealth etc.

What i want to find out: Does the information of feederism lay in our genome (and not our Brain)
1. When did you realize (age) you are into this kind of stuff?
2. Are you male or female?
3. What is your bodytype?
4. Are there other members in your family who have similar preferences?
5. What do you like about feederism?

I thank you all in advance, and feel free to let me hear your own theories smiley

And here are my answers:
1. As long as i can remember
2. Male
3. Athletic/ Thin
4. Yes
5. The aspect of helping another person gain
5 years

This has always been really interesting to me also. If you have this fetish, you can't help but wonder --- how the hell did I turn out this way, when so many other people didn't?

My theory is that evolution gifted humans with a large variety of sexual preferences because we have a large degree of variety in our bodies and our DNA. Species only survive when they maximize their chances of reproduction. If every human being was only attracted to one very specific body type, humanity would have gone extinct long ago, because only people with that specific body type would mate successfully.

So, since you have some human beings who naturally gain weight extremely easily or who just love to eat a lot, you have other human beings who are sexually attracted to that. And you have people who enjoy the idea of feeding their partner and making them bigger. And thus, reproduction isn't limited to skinny folks with strict diets.

I reject the notion that the feederism kink is a sign of something "wrong" with a person's psychology. There's lots of folks in this community who are perfectly healthy-minded, normal individuals. The only ones who might have some psychological issues are the ones who actually want to kill someone by feeding them into enormous obesity. (That strikes me as a really unhealthy fetish).

In fact, I don't view feederism as any different than a lot of other sexual kinks.

Sexual kinks in general don't seem to get much attention from scientific researchers, so I'll be interested to see if you turn up any new information. In the meantime, here are my answers:

1. Probably the age of 4. I discovered masturbation and sexuality at a very young age compared to a lot of people. I couldn't explain it at the time, but I knew that I liked masturbating to pictures of very large women.

2. Male

3. Athletic/fit/lean/muscular

4. Not that I'm aware of. If they do, they've disguised it well.

5. (a) The intimacy and loving aspect of feeding your partner
(b.) The changes that happen to the female body as it becomes larger and softer
(c) The way that being a feeder can put me into a dominant position smiley
5 years

40+

male

lean

yes

that's the hardest one to answer.

On the fat appreciation part:

- I like the fat rolls on my wife. I love it when the fat shows up everywhere on her body; from her belly, to her sides, to her shoulder blades, to her double chins.
- I love holding her big belly, especially in bed when I put my hand under it and feel its weight

On the feederism part:

- I love that she had to give up, give over; that there is no way but up.
- I enjoy the control; I can encourage her to go down, probably, but I decide to have her go up, and she can't but follow
- Of all the body modifications (lip injections, breast implants, etc), I find fattening her the most rewarding. It changes her whole perception and experience of Self as she's slowly but surely being wrapped in layers of fat.
- That big tits, big lips etc are a cultural norm while being fat isn't, makes having her to accept it sexier.
- The dominance is a big thing
5 years

Hey guys, thanks for replying so far, will post the results, my analysis and research tomorrow.
5 years

Like DominantMaleFA, I think that not a particular sexual orientation is advantageous in the frame of natural selection, but sexual diversity is advantageous (and this diversity then allows orientation forms which would be individually disadvantageous.) This explains for example the paradoxon of homosexuality (it doesn't disappear through natural selection, contrarily to intuition.)

By the way, at some times of human history and/or in some places, fat women had more chances to survive than their slim counterparts. For example during the last ice period in Europe, where most women were fat (see how women were represented at that time.) But men had to be slim (they were hunters.) These changes (slimness is advantageous / fatness is advantageous) occur much faster than changes in our genome, so both body types and sexual preferences must still be present (diversity of body types, diversity of sexual orientations).
5 years

Did you visit it: www.planet-wissen.de/kultur/mittelgebirge/schwaebische_alb/pwiekunstwerkeausdereiszeit100.html ? It is near Ulm (Germany.) I visited this place last year. Humans lived there about 40 000 years ago. Or not far away from my current location in the French Mediterranean hinterland: www.planet-wissen.de/kultur/mittelgebirge/schwaebische_alb/pwiekunstwerkeausdereiszeit100.html (they built a copy of the cave for visitors.) I visited it two times. It is about 35 000 years old. Very interesting. I have a lot of material from their shop: for example the mouse mat I am using represents one of the artistic pictures of these prehistoric humans. I should visit it often as long as I am not too fat to come in ;-) .
5 years

Hey everyone, thanks for responding. (And sorry for the delay)

Well, of course there is not enough data yet to make a clear conclusion, but enough to make a theory. I noticed before that there were a large amount of of male fat admirers/ feeders who were thin themeselves. The survey kind of strenghtens this observation.

Summary
1. 3 of 4 persons early on in life
2. 4 of 4 persons were male
3. 3 of 4 persons describe themselves as thin/lean/athletic, one person muscular/ average built
4. 2 of 4 persons have provable family members with similar preferences
5. Dominance aspect: 4/4 (SahX, i interpreted it like this , please tell me if im wrong); The processs of weight gain in a woman/ the changes: 4/4;

Conclusion:
-The results of the questions 1 and 4 are suggesting that there could be indeed a passing on of allels that contain feederism/ fat admiring data. (Also the result of 5, because all answers were similar)
-The answers of questions 2 and 3 are showing that all persons were athletic, and nearly all persons were thin, wich is also very interesting. This makes me think about the brand new branch of biology - epigenetics. Scientists found out that our chromosomes are changing during our lifetime. Not the DNA sequence, but the phenotype (wich contains information about our appearance and behaviour). So at least for us thin people (I was born very thin/underweight) our sexual preferences could be a compensation for our own weight, that we can have healthy descendants.

@DominantMaleFA
"My theory is that evolution gifted humans with a large variety of sexual preferences because we have a large degree of variety in our bodies and our DNA. Species only survive when they maximize their chances of reproduction. If every human being was only attracted to one very specific body type, humanity would have gone extinct long ago, because only people with that specific body type would mate successfully. "

I think sexual preferences not appear randomly, we seem to have a basic sexual preference which develops and changes during our lifetime (see epigenetics). What you said is not just a theory, its commonly accepted that there are variations in the offspring of any living thing, the variations that have proven themselves survive (Known as "survival of the fittest" by Charles Darwin). But interesting theory non the less smiley

But what advantage could higher body fat in women give us? Compared to our closest relatives, we are "really fat apes" smiley , fat performs a huge role in Human reproduction:

"Human females have an unusually large amount of body fat, predominately in the legs and buttocks, which is necessary for them to reproduce and gives them the hourglass figures that men admire. The reasons for this have been unclear, but one possibility is that lower-body fat stores omega-3 fats necessary for the growth and development of the very large brains of human children. "
(Quote from William D. Lassek, Steven J. C. Gaulin; First published: 20 April 2015; Quoted on 11 May 2018; doi.org/10.1002/9781118896877.wbiehs404)

Well that would be a pretty significant advantage if you ask me.
5 years

Interesting Post. Derhikingviking are you still taking polls for this project?
5 years

y2kboris1:
Interesting Post. Derhikingviking are you still taking polls for this project?
Thank you, and sure! But i have much to do at the Moment, so it could take a while until i respond.
5 years

I think the earliest sign was when I was 13-ish. I saw a video of a fat guy on a diving board. And I just kept watching it repeatedly and didn't know why. Eventually, after years of confusion, at age 16 I had figured out that I was definitely into it. I stayed silent about it for a while, just lurking without an account anywhere until I turned 18 and decided to take the plunge.

Male

I'm thin-ish. I'm starting get a small belly

Not that I know of and it would be too awkward to ask. However, my mom was (relatively) thin when she married my dad and is much bigger now- however I don't think it has to do with the fetish and more with simple metabolism-slowing-as-you-age.

Frankly, I'm still not 100% certain what definitively keeps me attached to it. Things that I do like about it are the hypnotic ways that bellies jiggle- or clothes ripping/buttons popping... or furniture creaking and straining under a big person.
5 years
12   loading