Lifestyle tips

Obesity should be embraced

Really it's just more BS by governments and companies telling us how we are going to live our lives. The governments taxing items with sugars and such is it any different than what they do with the taxing of cigarettes, I don't think so. I am not overweight at all very fit and workout everyday because I am a feeder. I have to be in shape with the non stop cooking, shopping and taking care of a large woman and with many of these products they say have less calories or sugars what they have replaced them with besides tasting off are no different had they just left them alone, more BS from the companies.
5 years

I think it's actually good... Obesity is attractive to me but it's obviously not healthy. It's the second leading preventable cause of cancer!
I don't think we should put everyone at risk just because of our aesthetics. My mother would not have been obese if those rules had been implemented when she immigrated to the U.S.
5 years

I think the government realises we're getting fatter, and things like a sugar tax (like the cigarette tax) are designed to profit off of this fact.

Lectraplayer, that's a nice sounding idea too. How would you implement something like that? It's a lot harder to make nice-sounding advertisements, since a lot of traditional techniques for getting people to buy things were guilt tripping them into believing that their lives would be better with them. I'm not really sure how an advert encouraging exercise that doesn't diss being overweight would play out.

Here in Australia, we've got a bunch of TV adverts and billboards from this company called LiveLighter. I don't know if it's government sponsored or whatever, but it's trying to scare us away from extra sodas and extra food in general through showing ~toxic fat around your vital organs.~ They can get away with showing guts and gore stuff on prime time TV and huge billboards (like at the train station in the city) in the name of scaring us healthy. Here's a link to their list of advertisements. They're just gross all round.
5 years

There are some (!) forms of obesity, that are unhealthy - read: not generally all of them. Additionally, there are a lot of psychological sicknesses, that can come from the hard and ongoing pressure of getting thinner, a lot of unhealthy diet plans and scams.

It isn't just black and white and you can't just tax one shade of grey.

You could just say, they're making money out of fat people, but I'm not that sceptic. I believe, they're not well informed because of unbiased BS the health agencies like the WHO tell them.

F
5 years
12   loading