Lifestyle tips

Jobs/careers that will help you get fat

Softgutgal:
My partner and I own a photography business together. When he stopped doing field work and basically just sits around for post development, he gained about 100 lbs in 9 months. Sits all day, goes home and drinks a massive amount of bear, sleeps and repeats.

Damn! Heaven
11 months

i used to work at a bakery/coffee shop and i defintely gained some weight while working there! while i was on my feet all day, it was mostly standing around/walking the same ten feet behind the counter back and forth lol. also we were allowed to take home any leftovers at the end of the day an i was always working closing shift... i felt bad for throwing out so much food so i ate cake/pastries/big sandwhiches etc. pretty much everyday! thta job was pretty perfect for gaining weight lol!
11 months

I've been a online freelancer since 2016 and the jobs I get require me to stay logged in for past 8hrs. I get paid per article on my last job which prompted me to stay typing all day, sitting in front of my computer.
10 months

fast food, education, call center
10 months

I can for sure vouch for the fast food thing. When I worked at McDonalds, one of my female coworkers put on a noticeable amount of weight over half a year of working there. She went from kinda skinny/curvy to full on chubby.

So yeah, if you want a side gig that’ll help with your gain, fast food is the way to go.
10 months

Xterion:
I can for sure vouch for the fast food thing. When I worked at McDonalds, one of my female coworkers put on a noticeable amount of weight over half a year of working there. She went from kinda skinny/curvy to full on chubby.

So yeah, if you want a side gig that’ll help with your gain, fast food is the way to go.

Curiouskatt:
Definitely. And if you’re already a bit of a foodie, it’s so hard to resist the temptation of buying something after a long day of stress and working your ass off 😂

Heck you don’t even need to wait til your shift is done. One of the benefits of working there is a free meal each shift, plus the added bonus of half-priced food when you’re off the clock. It’s basically a guaranteed source of high-calorie and unhealthy foods haha 😂
10 months

Xterion:

Curiouskatt:
Definitely. And if you’re already a bit of a foodie, it’s so hard to resist the temptation of buying something after a long day of stress and working your ass off 😂

Xterion:
Heck you don’t even need to wait til your shift is done. One of the benefits of working there is a free meal each shift, plus the added bonus of half-priced food when you’re off the clock. It’s basically a guaranteed source of high-calorie and unhealthy foods haha 😂

Curiouskatt:
Haha, you’re definitely not wrong! Surrounded by the food all day too makes you even more hungry and likely to buy extra and pig out. (or well, that was my case hahaha). McDonalds is definitely the way to go 😵‍💫

Exactly!! I mean, you’re already in the restaurant, so why not treat yourself with somethin before you leave? Gotta make use of all those employee benefits haha

Honestly not surprised that you’d end up pigging out afterwards, especially if you leave and there’s extra foods that most likely won’t be given out. Extra calories and all that haha ;p
10 months

That’s awesome! How long have you been doing that job? How much of your weight gain would you estimate came from working that job alone?
10 months

There's a profession you all wouldn't expect of having some fattening potential - construction, physical jobs, especially the better paid ones, that require more skill.

I've gained 41kg or 90 pounds working as a lift fitter. When you're back from work, tired and hungry - it's really easy to overeat and go to sleep massively stuffed, then wake up and eat a massive breakfast. From what I've seen, most guys on the construction sites are at least overweight. I even saw some morbidly obese dudes, working mostly as RC crane operators.
9 months

So the most I have seen anybody gain is my friend who worked as an english teacher online for asian students. She was skinny when she started working, but she just got in to a habit of snacking and eating all day… while ordering food and living in her room… she would teach classes, play some games, lay down watch netflix in a year she went from a 110 lbs to 200 + without gaining on purpose… or being a feedee from what I know…
9 months
34567   loading