General

What chat programs are good

I'm just wondering what everyone uses to chat with people they meet on here. Kik, Skype ? I'm also curious why.
5 years

I like IRC for chat in general.

Though I kind of doubt most folks on here use it. And most IRC users will likely deny their existence on this (or similar) sites except perhaps via PM (not publicly in channel).
5 years

ILuvChubbyChix:

Though I kind of doubt most folks on here use it. And most IRC users will likely deny their existence on this (or similar) sites except perhaps via PM (not publicly in channel).

What app/program do you for IRC and is it secure?

I used IRC back when the WWW was just starting. Writting this makes me feel old.
5 years

ILuvChubbyChix:

boundandfeed:
What app/program do you for IRC and is it secure?

I used IRC back when the WWW was just starting. Writting this makes me feel old.

Used to use mIRC. On hosted WeeChat these days. Hosted meaning it runs on a server I rent and I SSH into,, but you don't have to run it on a server.

It's quite secure; any will support TLS v1.2 connections (latest in wide use as of this writing).

I would probably recommend HexChat (and possibly a thick skin) for anyone new; it's a good balance between noob friendly, somewhat advanced, and supports recent features.
5 years