Gaining

Working out while gaining

This is kind of a piggy back on the "out of shape" thread that's been floating around here. But I was wondering if anyone else gets enjoyment from working out while they are in the midst of gaining weight.

I've had an (unusually) active week this week, and it seems like every thing I've done has been full of little reminders that I put on some weight in the last few months.

Rock climbing? I get tired wayyy faster, plus my shirt rides up and my belly pooches out over the harness when I'm being lowered.

Yoga? Look at all those new rolls! My stomach actually rests on my lap some of the time now!

Running? Don't get me started! Not only does my stomach stick out over the top of my shorts, but it was hot enough to warrant running without a shirt on (cause screw it!) so.... Jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle with every step. Plus a solid fat roll hanging down every time I had to stop and lean over to catch my breath.

I can't help but think what me from five years ago would think if I saw me from today jiggling down the street "damn, dude let me himself GO".
5 years