Lifestyle tips

How to get a double-belly

How can i get a double belly with the lower part that goes down my knees?
5 years

genetics
5 years

johnxyz:
genetics

This. It can't be influenced at all.
5 years

becomingoverweight:
Why do people love to assume they are helpless and have no control over things which they likely can influence???

Because plenty of bigger people wear jeans with their bellies tucked in all the time and don't develop a double-belly? And others have worn loose fitting pants under their belly all the time and still developed a double-belly. I've seen this question over and over for about a decade now and I haven't seen enough evidence to make me think otherwise.

The body can only be shaped with stuff like foot-binding, but that takes massive pressure and can only be done while the body's developing. I can understand why some people would believe that wearing tight pants around the belly would cause a double-belly, but there's not enough empirical evidence out there for it. If it really did cause a double-belly then more people who wore tight pants around their belly regularly would produce reliable results and develop one, but they don't.
5 years

becomingoverweight:
I'm not saying I'm certain that that's what causes it. I'm just saying that there's probably more to it than just genetics. Maybe it's caused by the skin being creased when a roll forms when somebody is sitting down. As a permanent crease starts to form it could get easier for the skin to keep creasing like that when sitting down. That could increase the amount of time the skin is creased there and aid in creating the permanent crease characteristic of double bellies. I'm honestly not sure if this is the cause but I think making educated guesses is far more helpful than just screaming genetics.

Also, regarding the foot binding thing, you do realize that feet are made out of relatively hard muscles and bones whereas fat is insanely soft, right? It would probably take way less pressure to mold someone's fat into a certain shape than it would for a foot. Also, the growth of a fattening belly is comparable to the growth of a child's foot in this instance.

Thank you, it could be potentially more than genetics, though the difficulty in it is that we only have a few anecdotes to work with. I suppose it couldn't hurt for someone who wants to develop a double-belly to give tight pants a try. If nothing else the fat bulging over the top might make them look and feel more like they have one anyway.

True point about the foot binding thing, though we don't quite know how malleable fat is. At the very least binding does show definite results that come from extreme pressure.

On the genetics side of thing, I have heard that women tend to develop double-bellies vastly more than men. I have seen a couple of men get double-bellies though, so it's definitely not exclusive to women. Women do have more subcutaneous fat than men, who have more visceral fat, so I don't know if it's that or something else.
5 years