Gaining

Recommended liquid

Looking for a 'thin' liquid that can easily be funneled and tube fed without sucking. The connection between the funnel and tube is not clear, so there can't be large particles in the liquid.
Non dairy is preferred. Currently using chocolate soy silk to great effect.
5 years

Recommended liquid

StarSmoke:
... water? Lol not sure if the point is to bloat, consume calories, or just experience funnel feeding. Beer maybe?[/quote]

The goal is consume calories, sorry should have been clearer.
5 years

Recommended liquid

StarSmoke:
... water? Lol not sure if the point is to bloat, consume calories, or just experience funnel feeding. Beer maybe?

gainerfeedee:
The goal is consume calories, sorry should have been clearer.[/quote]

Coke. Very fattening.
5 years

Recommended liquid

Coke is very fattening indeed, but i fear the gas in it through a funnel could be very uncomfortable if not dangerous. There are many alternatives depending on how you exactly want to gain weight. Milk for example. You will have to decide against risk and pleasure. Then find your beverages.
5 years

Recommended liquid

gainerfeedee:
Looking for a 'thin' liquid that can easily be funneled and tube fed without sucking. The connection between the funnel and tube is not clear, so there can't be large particles in the liquid.
Non dairy is preferred. Currently using chocolate soy silk to great effect.

What about Boost or Ensure for weight gain? I think they are 350 calories each. They flow just like chocolate soy milk. How much soy milk are you drinking a day?
2 years

Recommended liquid

Nothing is going to come close to adding oil. That's the secret of most bodybuilder's shakes and why they're over 2,000 cal a shake. They add olive, macadamia or avacado oil.

It's like effortlessly drinking fried food lol.
2 years

Recommended liquid

Bicepsual:
Nothing is going to come close to adding oil. That's the secret of most bodybuilder's shakes and why they're over 2,000 cal a shake. They add olive, macadamia or avacado oil.

It's like effortlessly drinking fried food lol.

Could you elaborate on this? Would think straight oil would taste disagreeable, not to mention it'd be very easy to go overboard and possible digestion problems. Someone earlier mentioned diarrhea.

Otherwise, the idea of basically drinking fried food really quick, there's something exciting and appealing about that.
2 years

Recommended liquid

When you're talking about a massive 30oz protein shake, 4 tablespoons is nothing – you can't even recognize it. 4 tablespoons of olive oil is 500 calories. You could double it and wouldn't even taste it.

People use more than that on a salad. It doesn't instantly cause indigestion, particularly if you're consuming it daily. I've seen bodybuilders straight swigging olive oil lol.
2 years

Recommended liquid

Bicepsual:
When you're talking about a massive 30oz protein shake, 4 tablespoons is nothing – you can't even recognize it. 4 tablespoons of olive oil is 500 calories. You could double it and wouldn't even taste it.

People use more than that on a salad. It doesn't instantly cause indigestion, particularly if you're consuming it daily. I've seen bodybuilders straight swigging olive oil lol.

Certainly an interesting idea to say the least!

I wonder how it may affect the taste of a blended cake shake (half a box of cake mix + 1 pint of dairy liquid* = about 18-20 fl. oz volume.. the recipe could potentially be doubled I guess, just got to watch the amount of dairy fat in one go).

* - Dairy liquid can be whole milk, half & half, maybe even part heavy cream.
2 years

Recommended liquid

Bicepsual:

ILuvChubbyChix:
Certainly an interesting idea to say the least!

I wonder how it may affect the taste of a blended cake shake (half a box of cake mix + 1 pint of dairy liquid* = about 18-20 fl. oz volume.. the recipe could potentially be doubled I guess, just got to watch the amount of dairy fat in one go).

* - Dairy liquid can be whole milk, half & half, maybe even part heavy cream.

Just to add to this from personal experience, an ex feeder of mine suggested adding oil to shakes and although there's a balance to be struck, I actually found once it was mixed in with other ingredients I couldn't tell the oil was in there at all and it definitely does add a ton of free calories!
2 years