Fat experiences

Pregnancy and gaining

Michaelaleeson:
I�m 4 months pregnant and I seem to be gaining so quickly. My midwife was disappointed in my weigh in again because she says I look unhealthy. I don�t feel unhealthy ?

Anyone want to share stories of fat and pregnancy ?

How much have you gained in your pregnancy?
5 years

Pregnancy and gaining

A lot of Doctors seem to be pretty hyper sensitive about weight gain during pregnancy.

Years back my wife had our three babies one right after the other. “Stress” ....right! She gained fast and like 40+ lbs. with our first if I remember correctly and was slightly reprimanded each appt. during her pregnancy. Her next pregnancy was so quick didn’t lose much of the weight other than typical birth weight. Her appetite was still big ok huge being that she was caring for the first baby ....her and I both not great sleep and obviously pregnant again. She gained even quicker this time and more weight. She actually received lectures from her doctor. The doctor even threw out one statistic saying that X percent of women that gain a good amount of weight and then are pregnant right after tend to keep the weight and even have a weight problem even if they have never had one before. This obviously was very scary to her....but to me it was very hot...”sorry” but what can I say. She is shorter 5’ 3” and the weight always looks more on her than how much she actually weighs.....very curvy, voluptuous and now fat....which I love. She only weighed just over 200 lbs. and got these lectures. Then again she came in at 130 lbs. She ended up maintaining and even gaining a bit higher after our third baby....and stayed heavier for a few years.....so I guess the Doctor was kind of right but she is only around 160 lbs. now.

Doctors and I guess mid wifes can really make you feel insecure or bad. If all your vitals are good like the other post mentioned I have hobo you shouldn’t worry about what a mid wife says or even a Doctor that much. Doctors have an intense way of being over dramatic when they don’t even take care of themselves correctly from my personal experiences. Also you can find a lecture of tapes somewhere called “Dead doctors don’t lie” of something to that effect.

Take care and have a fun and good pregnancy.
5 years

Pregnancy and gaining

No, listen to your doctor. You are eating for two, and excessive weight gain can cause all kinds of issues, even more so for a first time mom. It not the same thing as being big when you get pregnant.

But, it�s a lot better than malnourishing the baby.
5 years

Pregnancy and gaining

It seems pregnancy can have very unpredictable results on a woman's body.

I know someone who was just slightly chubby, and after 3 children she is so thin she is basically skin and bones.

And I also know someone who has been very thin her entire life, and after pregnancy, she got so fat in only a few years that she can barely walk.
5 years